[Event] 100 Cycle Challenge

Beodome

I am a bit unsure of the details but... I have picked up that perhaps the prize for the 1st in the ladies category was awarded to the wrong lady???

The ladies in AL seemed to have either had a timing anomaly or some other confusion - 2nd seems to have pictures of her prize etc on her Strava profile.

:oops:

Probably not a bad day out on the bike either way, the website mentions R100k worth of prizes

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If a single file line down the side inside the cones was the extent of the group's make up and you dropped off not being able to hold the wheel then you should be dropped. Hard fact to face but fact. Those who rode on the opposite of the cones should be DQ but there is no hard barrier and no way to fully police the group. As organizers i would have neutralized the group and stopped the race and from there anyone crossing be DQ but the manpower required to police such a move is far too big. However it has been done before.

The wind was blowing from the side so the line was spread diagonally across the road. So when I moved over as per the marshals instruction, there was no wheel to hold. This happened a number of times, I was not the only rider and a few got dropped including me.You are correct, had I been stronger I would have been in the front driving the group.

I was not complaining about getting dropped, it happens, it’s part of racing. My comment was on the way the races unfolded for me. The marshals were doing their best to keep order. I am also assuming that other groups had the same issue on the highway.

The wind was blowing from the side so the line was spread diagonally across the road. So when I moved over as per the marshals instruction, there was no wheel to hold. This happened a number of times, I was not the only rider and a few got dropped including me.You are correct, had I been stronger I would have been in the front driving the group.

I was not complaining about getting dropped, it happens, it’s part of racing. My comment was on the way the races unfolded for me. The marshals were doing their best to keep order. I am also assuming that other groups had the same issue on the highway.

I does not matter if you are stronger in the group or not. You have to abide by the rules. Don't break the rules as the only way of dropping the other guys in the group. That just makes you an idiot, well a word that starts with a D is more appropriate. 

We see it even in training rides where guys will ride in such a way to hide from the wind and even if it means to push a girl into the wind. 

Dgas, don't worry. I'm sure that most will do it even for the ones that say it's wrong, not pointing to this thread itself but more in general. 

• 9 months later...

Not on this year.

Very sad to hear, we really enjoyed the race and the organization was fantastic! Will be back next year to support!