Best shoes for wide feet?

eddie.lubbe

I have very wide feet and finding the right shoe with width at the front (as apposed to high volume shoes) a huge problem. Lake and Bont are hard to come by. What other brands can you suggest? Mountain bike.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lake shoes. They specifically provide for wider feet. They will  ask you to send them an outline of your feet and indicate how they should be measured so that they can tell you what size shoe you require. Moreover, they will send you – if you are in Johannesburg, at least – a set of shoes for trial fitting. I have found them to be absolutely excellent – both in terms of service and in terms of the quality of the shoe. Previously I had a lot of problems with numb feet – no more.

https://lakeshoes.co.za

I have very wide feet and finding the right shoe with width at the front (as apposed to high volume shoes) a huge problem. Lake and Bont are hard to come by. What other brands can you suggest? Mountain bike.

lakeshoes.co.za

Speak to Kim@lakeshoes.co.za

Best shoes I have ever owned. Will not buy anything else going forward. 

Available in (width for size EU42)

Std width    98mm

Wide       110mm

Extra Wide (only available in Race Last)

Giro Empire VR90's up for sale if anyone wants

Edited by DieselnDust

Any shoe/model in particular you can recommend?

depends on your budget.

MX218 is about R3500 and MX 237 is R4500, MX237 ENdurance is R4900 and Supecross is R5400.

They're all based on the competition last which is sort of the middle fit last.

The race last on the MX332 and higher end models is a little narrower in both the forefoot and heel to cater for lower BMI riders

Granted I didn't do my research properly, but I bought Shimano RC9's also based on hearing they were better for wide feet. They are better, but still far from good.

Edit: sorry, these are the road shoes

Edited by CBlake

I also found the service provided by Lake shoes absolutely top class. They delivered 2 pairs of road shoes to try out to my doorstep ( Cape Town) in no time.

Great road shoes too... will not easily buy any other brand again.

Granted I didn't do my research properly, but I bought Shimano RC9's also based on hearing they were better for wide feet. They are better, but still far from good.

Edit: sorry, these are the road shoes

Shimano shoes toe box shrinks

I even bought one size too big! My Garneau's were literally crippling me after a long ride

Lake Enduro are awesome sizing for my duck feet. Took a chance on a pair from buycycle.co.za and first time perfection.

Edited by keithbe

Five Tens  :clap:

Most of them are for flat pedals but there are a few models with cleated functionality. All my Five Tens are the comfiest shoes I own.

http://cdn.coresites.factorymedia.com/dirt_new/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/EDH_6652-1020x680.jpg

Shimano shoes are wide but have a narrow toe box.

It was such a relief when i moved over to Specialized shoes :thumbup:  :clap:

Five Tens  :clap:

Most of them are for flat pedals but there are a few models with cleated functionality. All my Five Tens are the comfiest shoes I own.

http://cdn.coresites.factorymedia.com/dirt_new/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/EDH_6652-1020x680.jpg

Boats