Assos cycling shorts-Rip off

4x4biker

I wash my cycling and running kit with a little vinegar added.Softens and helps with any smells.

Bibs only get hung in a cupboard and don't get folded.

Hi Gummi

How much vinegar and do you wash your sport stuff separately from other clothes?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I listened to a talk on radio a while back where it was explained to wash sport clothing separately and with very little soap and no softener.   The clothes should also not be left in a basket along with other normal clothes.    Al has to do with the micro weaved fibres that is designed to absorb and move sweat away from you body, but also very easily accumulate dirt, soap and bacteria.   Advise was to let it hang out before washing it (not in a basket) and use lots of water and little soap.

New shorts used to bring me good intentions of hand washing, but I'm afraid that ship has sailed.

Now I take my chances dumping my Assos in the washing machine.

Uh huh. I mostly wash mine myself - 2 to 3 minutes in a basin with a bit of soap - but sometimes someone does it for me. Etc.

Hi Gummi

How much vinegar and do you wash your sport stuff separately from other clothes?

Yeah i wash my cycling stuff on it's own.I add about 100ml to the softener tray.

tried the vinegar thing as well, must say it works extremely well but somehow it smells like an old age home ? can't stand it