Trek Supercaliber with IsoStrut suspension

dewaldsss

No difference to Cannondale and Spez .  

Not for a GX bike....

I bought the Scalpil Si4 and replaced the drivetrain with XTR and swopped the lefty for a carbon lefty and still did not get to 80K

Edited by Jaco-fiets

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not for a GX bike....

I bought the Scalpil Si4 and replaced the drivetrain with XTR and swopped the lefty for a carbon lefty and still did not get to 80K

This is already an expensive GX bike, going for R85k:

https://www.specialized.com/za/en/epic-expert-carbon/p/171232?color=264132-171232

R100k seems a bit over the top for this spec level.

The top ranging models both come in at R175k, but again the S-Works Epic AXS comes with a Quarq power meter.  I'd subtract R10k for that at least.

Hope the dealers are negotiating on price, don't want this hot bike to be stillborn

Willing buyer willing seller, they won't sell them for that much if they knew no one would buy them and granted a lot of development and design has gone into a new frame and suspension for Fox so the cost has to be recovered. 

It was the same with SRAM Eagle and Shimano Di2 initially super expensive when new, until the technology starts to trickle down and new generation designs come forth.