World Cup cricket

IceCreamMan

Did India soft-pedal that match against England? If they did, according to the points game, they put a lot of pressure on their continental rivals Pakistan, to make the knock-outs. England flayed Kuldeep in particular. Some rank ordinary balls he sent down, straight in the slot.

Granted, PAK doesn't deserve to make it that far based on their game with Afghanistan. No offence to the latter, but that was PAK skimming the trees en route to a Proteas_style crash and burn. Doesn't help that PAK has to negotiate Bangladesh: no push-overs, and New Zealand has to fumble against ENG today tomorrow Wednesday. I hope the kiwis spank the brits hard.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did India soft-pedal that match against England? If they did, according to the points game, they put a lot of pressure on their continental rivals Pakistan, to make the knock-outs. England flayed Kuldeep in particular. Some rank ordinary balls he sent down, straight in the slot.

Granted, PAK doesn't deserve to make it that far based on their game with Afghanistan. No offence to the latter, but that was PAK skimming the trees en route to a Proteas_style crash and burn. Doesn't help that PAK has to negotiate Bangladesh: no push-overs, and New Zealand has to fumble against ENG today. I hope the kiwis spank the brits hard.

Wednesday

Granted, PAK doesn't deserve to make it that far based on their game with Afghanistan. No offence to the latter, but that was PAK skimming the trees en route to a Proteas_style crash and burn. Doesn't help that PAK has to negotiate Bangladesh: no push-overs, and New Zealand has to fumble against ENG today tomorrow. I hope the kiwis spank the brits hard.

WEDNESDAY!!!!

England looking good..

Kiwis in a heap of trouble! England's getting closer to securing a semi final berth!

What do you guys think about Root's Giles/Swann impression? Personally I reckon he looks a bit daft and should lose the sunnies when he is bowling.

Kiwis in a heap of trouble! England's getting closer to securing a semi final berth!

and they are in, giving PAK's chance a stiff kick in the gums. Doubt PAK have the teeth to up their run rate, because they'll need a big boost in RR to beat the Kiwi's to the semis if they beat Bangladesh tomorrow, for if they beat Bang. PAK will have the same points as NZ.

In all honesty, Black Caps are currently a one man show. If Williamson does not perform well in a game, they will not make it.

In all honesty, Black Caps are currently a one man show. If Williamson does not perform well in a game, they will not make it.

Ya hey, something broke in the black caps. they started looking really solid, then just fell apart in the last few matches. It's like they swapped bodies with the proteas...

Ya hey, something broke in the black caps. they started looking really solid, then just fell apart in the last few matches. It's like they swapped bodies with the proteas...

Personally I reckon the fact that both Williamson and Taylor have gone off colour with their batting hasn't helped their cause. NZld are quite reliant on the both of them for runs and I guess they are the talisman players for the Kiwis. One hopes that for NZld's sake that they find form again for the semi finals.

All their "easy" games were at the first half of the tournament. The India game rained out though. Don't think it's got anything to do with form peaking. They just didn't lose those soft games like some other team did.

seems PAK failed at the RR game despite beating BAN quite convincingly. PAK being in the semis could have been more exciting than the Black Caps. 

Archived