EWC 2019  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which are you riding?

• Contermans
    • Hoogekraal
    • Jonkers
    • All the above
  2. 2. Recceing the route(s)?

• Hells to the yes, got to beat my buds for beer bragging rights!
    • Riding blind as bat, but riding like a bat outa hell!
    • I am a f-ing LOCAL PRO. Recceing is for newbs
  3. 3. Are you going Full Enduro?

• Only way I ride yo!
    • Never go full enduro!
    • What is this?

Sorry Sarcasm font was supposed to be used.

My one "race" for the year is going to have to be the jonkers one tho and i think that one is going to be.... um.... long.

To be fair, France is full of French people so.....

That Jonkers race is definitely going to be long. I am predicting a few DNF's.

Was chatting about it wondering if a 120mm/105mm might serve better than the 'big rig' just to get you around the course before the sun goes down!

That Saaltjie trail head is a long way up from the car park

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That Jonkers race is definitely going to be long. I am predicting a few DNF's.

Was chatting about it wondering if a 120mm/105mm might serve better than the 'big rig' just to get you around the course before the sun goes down!

That Saaltjie trail head is a long way up from the car park

Yeah, there's no easy distance in Jonkers. And we're prob gonna do the Saaltjie climb a couple times. If you're talking about the new Trance / Dan's gibbon / Tranny smuggler then I think you're spot on about it being "better" for the distance. 

Edited by Captain Fatbastard Mayhem

The place I'm going to is about 60% brit. Strue.

Solid chance of me being one of them dnf's. Got the resting part of the training program DIALED!

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Yeah, there's no easy distance in Jonkers. And we're prob gonna do the Saaltjie climb a couple times. If you're talking about the new Trance / Dan's gibbon / Tranny smuggler then I think you're spot on about it being "better" for the distance. 

Those are proper bikes... I was thinking my tupperware Lapiere as I run it with a 120mm revelation up front and 780mm bars. 

The only really 'scary' trails would be Status Quo (which I doubt we would race) and the plumber, which I have have ridden many many times on a hardtail.

I rode the big bike up saaltjie twice and to the top of firehut the other day and thought I was going to fall over and die!

• 4 weeks later...

With Hoogekraal coming up, I guess between, Contermans, Hoogekraal and Jonkers, Hoogies is the tamest of the three, and most pedally. To some, I guess the steeper stuff is intimidating, and I'm not just talking about the 6-7 of us on the hub here, because I think we would all agree that the Contermans, and especially Jonkers are more what we like in an Enduro race? 

So I wonder If the votes above was more because Jonkershoek was to far in the future at the time, or why it got the least votes?