Hubtiger

edkin

I've just stumbled onto this smartphone app called Hubtiger that a South African company has created for Bicycle maintenance and other features.

It looks quite interesting. Has anybody used it or heard of it?

www.hubtiger.co.za

seen it everywhere ,  not sure what it's for or how it works

will follw this post to learn more

My interest was sparked with the bike maintenance schedules. I look after about 5 bikes between myself, wife and daughter and its hard to keep track of when each bike needs a service. Especially the suspension system.

I know the forks, shocks and sub-assembly should be serviced at regular intervals, but.....

Edited by edkin

Jip, brilliant app to keep track of usage and hours on your bikes components. They are starting to link to your bike shops. LBS upload your invoices to the platform.

My interest was sparked with the bike maintenance schedules. I look after about 5 bikes between myself, wife and daughter and its hard to keep track of when each bike needs a service. Especially the suspension system.

I know the forks, shocks and sub-assembly should be serviced at regular intervals, but.....

for suspension tracking i use a app called ShockPro... links up with strava and keeps track of hours on each bike selected.

Works great! 

Only problem I have with Hubtiger is that you get notified that your bike/component is due for a service but the only way to clear it is to actually book it in for a service at a LBS.

I have not found a "service it myself" option in the app.

Have started using ProBikeGarage and is a bit closer to what I need from a maintenance app.

for suspension tracking i use a app called ShockPro... links up with strava and keeps track of hours on each bike selected.

Works great! 

Aah... Thanks. I'll check it out

• 8 months later...

U can select various sports eguipment on strava as well. I have all my components linked to a bike and I am able to see how much km I have used each depending in which bike. The same with running shoes.

But will have a look at this.

Yeah what is great about Hubtiger is that it's pretty easy to upload your components. Also, if your bike shop uses Hubtiger, and they replace your chain, it updates on your app. 

You can also do "self-services" now. 

• 9 months later...

I'm using Hubtiger to track services and components etc.

Does anyone know how to easily swap components on the app (a chain for example) that I rotate every 300km?

Thanks

Edited by Dom031

• 3 months later...

I am battling to get mine to link to Strava, so isn't really serving a purpose at this stage.

Perhaps I should reinstall and start again.