Shimano 2x11 to Shimano or SRAM 1 x 12

Myth

YoU dOnt neEd EAGle jUSt HtFu!

this comment is obviously sarcastic but it's the truth nonetheless  ^_^

It was in the old days of 11-42 when I had a 1x11 setup.  

How does the Sunrace cassette perform in terms of shifting and setup compared to SRAM 1x12?  One thing that really annoyed me with my previous 1x11 setup was the crappy shifting in certain gears as well as inability to backpedal without dropping a chain (and that's after spending eons on getting my set up well sorted, including a NW chainring).  SRAM 1x12 looks to be pretty polished in those aspects from videos I've seen...

I have the 10-50 Eagle GX on my bike

Just installed an 11-50 11 speed Sunrace on another bike, with a decent Shimano shifter.  FRACTION of the price, and you have almost the same range ....

YES, you need a decent "narrow-wide" ring in the front.....

YES, the ring must be properly allinged (BB spacers to be adjusted), then you dont get the chain drop issues ....

I am actually considering doing the same 11-50 11 speed upgrade on my commuter.

I went from Sram XO 3x9 to XTR 1x11 on an XC build, great success. Next build was a trail bike with GX 1x12. Im not overly impressed with the GX, shift feels less refined and the GX is not robust enough. My RD disintegrated coming down the whoops trail on Helderberg (relatively benign) - LBS said the failure is not uncommon on GX.

Im going XT 1x12 next.