Tacx / cycle ops missing?

Bbbbbbbb

Came from a wahoo kickr snap 2.

Want to upgrade to a wheel off but seems that all Taxc and cycle ops have vanished from stores? I only see wahoo online and stores?

Any one have info?

Evobikes have the Tacx trainers, and the Elite trainers too.

Cycleops through BicyclePower's site, possibly also Takealot.

Wahoo have done a good job locally with their in store displays and brand presence and have taken the approach of rolling out through almost all stores. 

CycleOps can be found through our specific retailers we have handpicked to best represent our brand. Let us know where you're based and we can point you in the direction of your nearest retailer who can assist. 

Hope to see you on a CycleOps H2 soon! 

https://www.evobikes.co.za/tacx-t2800-neo-smart-trainer.html

Apparently CWC is waiting for a shipment of TACX ...

BikeAddict also does the ELITE range - https://bike-addict.co.za/collections/indoor-trainers

CycleOps ... lost interest when they did not respond to an enquiry ...

Wheel-off ... The Wahoo Kickr CORE has a list price of R 14 999 ....  :wacko:   You need to go "in-store" to talk to the people to get better prices ....

https://www.evobikes.co.za/tacx-t2800-neo-smart-trainer.html

Apparently CWC is waiting for a shipment of TACX ...

BikeAddict also does the ELITE range - https://bike-addict.co.za/collections/indoor-trainers

CycleOps ... lost interest when they did not respond to an enquiry ...

Wheel-off ... The Wahoo Kickr CORE has a list price of R 14 999 ....  :wacko:   You need to go "in-store" to talk to the people to get better prices ....

Hi Chris, sorry to hear this, please let us know when you tried to contact us as i can't seem to pick up any requests. 

Want to upgrade to a wheel off but seems that all Taxc and cycle ops have vanished from stores? I only see wahoo online and stores?

Any one have info?

TACX distribution is going to move over to Garmin SA so the lack of stock availability is likely due to this.

Wahoo or Cyclops may be the best available quick fix

Hi Chris, sorry to hear this, please let us know when you tried to contact us as i can't seem to pick up any requests. 

I clicked on the CycleOps add on BikeHub, then used the live chat function ask a couple of questions.  I was then asked for my phone details as the person was about to fly .... I am alergic to spam, so dont like handing out my phone details. 

I might have tried again,  but I got an excellent deal on a Wahoo ....

For curiosity sake, the questions I was asking :

- why the price premium on the CycleOps unit as compared to the Kickr Core ? 

-What are the technical benefits that would justify this ? (sorry, as an engineer I always ask these questions ...  ^_^   And when the answer convinces me I do part with more cash..)

- Where can one view these units in person in the Western Cape

Given the number of "trainer threads" at the moment, others may benefit from your feedback.  (and just maybe I may regret going for the cheaper unit...)

Hi Chris,

Apologies for missing the chat, I was in a mad rush trying to catch my flight back from CPT, hence the request for your contact details. If I missed my flight we could've met up and chatted about the CycleOps H2!  :clap:

To answer your Q's:

The CycleOps brand were the pioneers for IDT with product dating back almost 15 years. They came to market with the very first ERG based trainer and shortly after a virtual training software (the predecessor to Rouvy).

Key differentiating factors to the Wahoo Core are:

- CycleOps offer industry leading 2-year warranty as opposed to a 1-year warranty.

- CycleOps offer built in cadence measurement capabilities (meaning you don't need to purchase additional accessories which may become a problem if running Zwift on an Apple TV).

- The H2 has the largest physical flywheel of all trainer brands, ensuring the best road like feel and ability to "get on top of the gear".

- CycleOps H2 offers a max grade of 20% incline and power output of 2 000w. While many riders won't be able to produce these sorts of powers / numbers, one needs to be able to control the massive flywheel the H2 comes with. We can compare this to a GTI vs a Polo in controlling the flywheel and offering the real ride characteristics.

- The H2 offers the largest trainer ground footprint on the market, which ensures stability when out the saddle. 

- CycleOps products are fully compatible with any training device / software able to support ANT+ power or ANT+ FEC Power, also compatible with BLE devices under the same protocols.

To end off, I particularly like these famous words from DC Rainmaker; "The CycleOps Hammer just works."

Currently Olympic Cycles would be your best bet for demo'ing the product. Upon our trip to CPT though, we have identified other retailers that will soon be on board with sharing some CycleOps love.  

Let me know if you have any other Q's. 

Tacx Neo2

Wahoo kickr 4/5 (not sure what version they on now)

Cyclops hammer H2

Elite direto

There are top of the line trainers that offer the full suit of interactive connectivity to the serious athlete looking to achieve the best results.

They also allow the user to occupy the Zwift moral high ground. Much like boys who went to bishops you will n is they have a Neo/kickr/hammer because they will tell you before you ask.

Thanks for the detailed feedback  :thumbup:

Dare I say, it sounds this unit is closer to the Kickr 4 than the Kickr Core ... while being midway in price !  :w00t:   :thumbup:

Hi Chris,

Apologies for missing the chat, I was in a mad rush trying to catch my flight back from CPT, hence the request for your contact details. If I missed my flight we could've met up and chatted about the CycleOps H2!  :clap:

To answer your Q's:

The CycleOps brand were the pioneers for IDT with product dating back almost 15 years. They came to market with the very first ERG based trainer and shortly after a virtual training software (the predecessor to Rouvy).

Key differentiating factors to the Wahoo Core are:

- CycleOps offer industry leading 2-year warranty as opposed to a 1-year warranty. Noted

- CycleOps offer built in cadence measurement capabilities (meaning you don't need to purchase additional accessories which may become a problem if running Zwift on an Apple TV). VERY handy for the guys setting up a dedicated trainer rig.  Cost me another R900 for an extra cadence sensor ... closing the price gap between the units ....

- The H2 has the largest physical flywheel of all trainer brands, ensuring the best road like feel and ability to "get on top of the gear".  Nice

- CycleOps H2 offers a max grade of 20% incline and power output of 2 000w. While many riders won't be able to produce these sorts of powers / numbers, one needs to be able to control the massive flywheel the H2 comes with. We can compare this to a GTI vs a Polo in controlling the flywheel and offering the real ride characteristics. Uhm .... my legs are not there ...  :whistling:  But for the Ironman trainers these stats surely are worth considering ....

- The H2 offers the largest trainer ground footprint on the market, which ensures stability when out the saddle. Very easy to start rocking the Kickr Core when standing up ....

- CycleOps products are fully compatible with any training device / software able to support ANT+ power or ANT+ FEC Power, also compatible with BLE devices under the same protocols.

To end off, I particularly like these famous words from DC Rainmaker; "The CycleOps Hammer just works."

Currently Olympic Cycles would be your best bet for demo'ing the product. Upon our trip to CPT though, we have identified other retailers that will soon be on board with sharing some CycleOps love.  

Let me know if you have any other Q's. 

PS - does the hammer feet just swing out, ie no assembly needed ?  Similar to the Kickr 4, and easier than the Kickr Core.  Not a biggy when setting up, but worth noting if you are setting up a rig that would have to be stored away regularly ....  

The Hammer certainly sounds like a VERY good product, and brilliantly priced, even though at first glance one may only see it as more expensive than the Kickr Core.

Thankfully as an absolutely outoppie on a recovery ride the Core fulfills my needs, but for a serious athlete the Hammer seems to be a significantly better buy !  :thumbup:

Thanks for the detailed feedback  :thumbup:

Dare I say, it sounds this unit is closer to the Kickr 4 than the Kickr Core ... while being midway in price !  :w00t:   :thumbup:

PS - does the hammer feet just swing out, ie no assembly needed ?  Similar to the Kickr 4, and easier than the Kickr Core.  Not a biggy when setting up, but worth noting if you are setting up a rig that would have to be stored away regularly ....  

The Hammer certainly sounds like a VERY good product, and brilliantly priced, even though at first glance one may only see it as more expensive than the Kickr Core.

Thankfully as an absolutely outoppie on a recovery ride the Core fulfills my needs, but for a serious athlete the Hammer seems to be a significantly better buy !  :thumbup:

The Hammer trainer does not require any assembly and is as simple as opening the support legs, placing the included front wheel support under the front wheel, installing a cassette and off you go. 

Any one have info?

Hey Fjp1980,

Wahoo Christian here... You can find CycleOps and TACX on Takealot if you pm me I will send you the link. You probably see Wahoo in cycling shops because that's where we place our focus. 

We also consider the extra value the local bike shop offers and use their cycling expertise to sell a premium cycling brand. 

When considering a direct drive trainer please consider the KICKR CORE or KICKR. 

post-63087-0-73372500-1563265376_thumb.png

Please feel free to reach out to either me or my team at 0876541940 or on support@wahoofitness.co.za

Our dedicated regional manager in Cape Town is also available should you have questions, concerns or would like to demo a unit. 

Cheers!

Your local Wahooligan