Demo a handlebar?

Currently have the stock bars on my bike (35mm dia, 750mm width, 15mm rise)

Wating to experiement with different widths and rises does anybody know of a shop/brand that has "demo" products to test with. 

Don't want to fork out the cash simply just to not use it in the end and have to sell it as a loss.

Ive never seen a shop demo handlebars before. I think your best bet will be to look for a well used one in the classifieds in the specs you have in mind, buy it for testing purposes and when you find what works, go and buy new. You can then sell on the second hand ones again and it shouldn't cost you too much.

Otherwise you can play around with spacers and riser stems to get a ball park idea of what it will feel like.

Wouldn't you also want different length stems to be part of your experiment ?

Currently have a 40mm stem on there so can't go much shorter here. 

Perhaps my innitial post should've had more detail.

My main issue I am trying to adress is that I feel as though my cockpit is too low when out of the saddle. 

Not sure about more spacers under stem as there is about +-5mm between end of steerer and top of stem. Dont know why Trek decided to cut the steerer so short on a L bike, but think this is a problem most bike companies create by pre cutting the steerer to a set length for bike size. 

Tring to find a short stem (max 50mm) with more than 0degree rise is like hens teeth, should you own a trek with knock block...

Edited by anybody seen george?

So Something like a Renthal 20mm riser bar? I've never heard of a shop that demo's bars. But once you find something you like keep that boy. I've had the same 15mm 760 Deity bar & stem combo on my last 4 dh bikes.

Renthal 760 20mm riser on the trail bike.

It's the bend on both that i like. Other bars the backsweep feels terrible.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

If you use lock on grips you can move them out by up to 10mm each side to see what a wider bar would feel like

So you only have 1 lockring holding your grips on? Yissus that's brave! I would NEVER do that.

Demo handelbars? 

Whats next, seat, pedals, dropper post etc.etc.etc.

Cannot see any shop willing to have demo parts of all types, sorts and shapes.........the list would be endless............

FYI, there are a few shops around CT that have(or at least in the past had) demo saddle fleets from which you could book, pay a deposit and try before you buy. Not a new concept

Demo handelbars? 

Cannot see any shop willing to have demo parts of all types, sorts and shapes.........the list would be endless............

There always has to be that one guy who has to share his a--hole, o sorry meant his opinion on a forum thread where they have nothing constructive to add

Edited by anybody seen george?

Demo handelbars? 

Handlebars/stems are key components of a bike setup.

I'd say it would be a great value addition to any bicycle shop that sells bikes and that cares about proper setup.

Edited by stefmeister

Get a proper setup. Will save you lots in the long run..

Honestly that is the best way. Last set up I did we ended up changing out the stem and shortening the bars. I tested the static set up with the range of bars / stems that they had and we found a good spot between their 'right fit' width and my feelings. 

Most of these are sort of XC performance orientated - not to trail specific. i.e. they don't take standing descents or technical climbs into consideration in my experience

Where do you guys suggest I go then for eduro focussed setup in CT? 
My shops close by are biased toward Tri/Road/XC (this is my opinion/a--hole)

Honestly that is the best way. Last set up I did we ended up changing out the stem and shortening the bars. I tested the static set up with the range of bars / stems that they had and we found a good spot between their 'right fit' width and my feelings. 

Currently have the stock bars on my bike (35mm dia, 750mm width, 15mm rise)

Wating to experiement with different widths and rises does anybody know of a shop/brand that has "demo" products to test with. 

Don't want to fork out the cash simply just to not use it in the end and have to sell it as a loss.

I would also recommend a bike fit. 

However if you feel the cockpit is to low, I know Ritchey has a 35mm rise bar. 

Have a look here. 

https://www.cyclesunitedonline.co.za/shop/handlebars/mtb_handlebars/ritchey-comp-35mm-rizer-mtb-handlebar-740mm/