La Vuelta 2019

'Dale

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it feels as if this Vuelta has been going for ages... or at least it seems ages ago that Jumbo Visma had a pile-up on the TTT... and still 5 days to go. I don't see this bang-for-buck very often. 

Apparently the peloton is very nervous as wind is predicted and the landscape is quite open today... Some GC okes might lose some time today, let's see.

Apparently the peloton is very nervous as wind is predicted and the landscape is quite open today... Some GC okes might lose some time today, let's see.

I hope Quickstep rip the peleton apart and get Stybar and Phil Gil up the road for a potential win.... Classic wolf pack....

So not a bad day if a GC guy has someone like Panzerwagon on his team.

35 riders up the road, with 1m20 on the Peloton...

Nairoman is in there....

GC Okes

N. Quintana7MOV
+ 07' 43''
W. Kelderman151SUN
+ 10' 34''
J. Knox66DQT
+ 13' 26''
D. Teuns38TBM
+ 17' 48''

REST:
J. Chaves Rubio101MTS
L. Sanchez28AST
N. Powless138TJV
T. Geoghegan Hart124INS
P. Latour11ALM
J. Rojas3MOV
D. Martinez Poveda76EF1
P. Gilbert61DQT
W. Poels121INS
D. Howson104MTS
T. Van Der Sande95LTS
G. Craddock73EF1
G. Izagirre Insausti26AST
I. Erviti4MOV
Q. Jauregui17ALM
C. Venturini18ALM
N. Arndt152SUN
T. Declercq64DQT
J. Koch55CCC
M. Marcato175UAD
E. Hagen114TDD
D. Smith108MTS
C. Pedersen153SUN
S. Bewley102MTS
E. Capecchi62DQT
R. Tiller117TDD
A. Bagues Kalparsoro212EUS
J. Degenkolb162TFS
H. Haussler34TBM
G. Serrano Rodriguez198CJR
R. Power154SUN
F. Jakobsen65DQT
M. Walscheid158SUN
S. Bennett43BOH
J. Molano Benavides176UAD
O. Troia178UAD

EDIT:Updated rider list

I hope Quickstep rip the peleton apart and get Stybar and Phil Gil up the road for a potential win.... Classic wolf pack....

Your wish was granted....

7 riders from Deceuninck at the front
12:33
Nelson Oliveira (Movistar Team), Dylan Teuns (Bahrain-Merida), Rémi Cavagna, Tim Declercq, Zdenek Stybar (Deceuninck-Quick Step), Esteban Chaves (Mitchelton-Scott, Alex Kirsch (Trek-Segafredo) are also in the leading group.

The gap after 30km: 1'52"

Declercq: “I hope for full gas racing until the finish”
12:47
All eyes turned to Deceuninck-Quick Step with these windy conditions and our mic turned to Tim Declercq: “What I like is full gas racing, as I enjoy suffering. That, I don’t mind. The stress before the echelons, on the other hand, is something I don’t like too much. You have to stay in a good position. I hope we get to race very early and that it is full gas racing until the finish. There is a lot of crosswind for the first 120 kilometres, and tailwind for the last 80 kilometres. It’s likely this is going to be a real war out there today. I am sure this is going to be a chaotic stage on which it won’t be easy to keep the teams tight and together. The one who starts the war will be responsible to carry it to the finish. It is going to be difficult and, 100% sure, very stressful. It is possible we do some damage for the GC today. Most GC riders have strong teams for this terrain, so it’s hard to say who will be in difficulty. But I see this is a stage everyone is excited about: some for the better, some for the worse.”

ha! The Wolf Pack hunting in packs.... Jizz in my panties

UAE, Jumbo Visma and Astana at the front of the pack trying to bring it back but the gap has opened up to 3mins....

Would love to see the visuals but I believe the majority of those 40 up front are contributing to make this stick

UAE, Jumbo Visma and Astana at the front of the pack trying to bring it back but the gap has opened up to 3mins....

Would love to see the visuals but I believe the majority of those 40 up front are contributing to make this stick

Quintana and Teuns will be driving as well as DQ and the TDD boys. The 'sprint' is almost 100m ascent over the last km. Perfect for EBH

Quintana and Teuns will be driving as well as DQ and the TDD boys. The 'sprint' is almost 100m ascent over the last km. Perfect for EBH

Perfect storm of teams pushing hard to win the stage alongside GC guys trying make significant moves up the GC ladder.

To quote one of the guys before the stage:

Pernsteiner: “It can be one of the hardest stage of La Vuelta”

ha! The Wolf Pack hunting in packs.... Jizz in my panties

Better believe that they are going to tear it up to get James knox into the top 10. 

Better believe that they are going to tear it up to get James knox into the top 10. 

If they stop the stage now he would be up to 7th already....keep pushing boys!

With Knox, Mas, Alaphillipe, Jungels, Evenpoel all there, they are certainly well stocked for when the older generation roll over to TDD or Bahrain Merida.......  :ph34r:

Archived