running watch

Stevief

Who looks at that kind of info, does it affect the actual data (distance / time / speed / elevation)?

I've seen DC Rainmaker do this in his tests, but unless you are trying to draw images (think of hearts  :wub: for your secret strava followers), why would you pay attention to this?

Why have a GPS watch then :)

(I appreciate that expectations and requirements will differ)

Edited by Pieter-za

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the feedback chaps ended up getting a great deal on a 735xt foreunner.  Damn it was hard to make a choice but i ran with it this am  and all seems to be great.  Will provide an updated review after i learn how it works.

Who looks at that kind of info, does it affect the actual data (distance / time / speed / elevation)?

I've seen DC Rainmaker do this in his tests, but unless you are trying to draw images (think of hearts  :wub: for your secret strava followers), why would you pay attention to this?

Well if your tracked route isn't accurate, your distance wouldn't be accurate. I don't train according to the mapped distance, but for example with a 100 miler run coming up for me... I don't want my watch telling me I'm at 155km when I'm on 145km because my watch isn't accurate.

Strava does it own thing with the data.. So youve added another dimension to the whole thing. That said... My tracks from my Garmin are spot on

What Garmin do you have?

Hey Slowbee, the watches everyone on here talks about will set you back quite a few Randela's. I would look at something like a fitness tracker or so, something not too complicated to operate and which links to an app or so. 

I may be able to help you out as well  :)

Do all these watches record the trip ?

Would like the daughter to have a watch that after we have been for a walk and we get home she can see where she has been. Possibly even for a ride round the neighbourhood.

It can be real basic - does not even need a HR strap (she is only 9)

Hi

My wife is looking to sell her Garmin 220 (or might be Garmin 225), hardly used and she only used it for running.

It comes with a built in heart rate reading.

PM me for more info, pics and price

Hey Slowbee, the watches everyone on here talks about will set you back quite a few Randela's. I would look at something like a fitness tracker or so, something not too complicated to operate and which links to an app or so. 

I may be able to help you out as well  :)

OK, you have thrown the bait, now drop the hook (aka send some info and price's)

Thanks for the feedback chaps ended up getting a great deal on a 735xt foreunner. Damn it was hard to make a choice but i ran with it this am and all seems to be great. Will provide an updated review after i learn how it works.

As a fellow 735XT user, may I say that you have made a good choice. Enjoy it.

Disclaimer: it’s not the “best” unit available, but that doesn’t make it bad.