Rugby World Cup 2019

Eddy Gordo

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NZ looked scratchy against Namibia for the 1st 30min, but this means nothing in the bigger scheme of things. I wouldn't make any pronouncements about their prospects for the playoffs.

Credit to Namibia that did their best to bring it to NZ.

The World Cup proper only starts in two week's time for the major teams.

Scrappy game by France, just squeaking ahead of Tonga by 2 points.  

qualify by the skin of their teeth. Think they will lose to England and thus move to the non NZ side of the draw to play Wales in the quarters and hopefully boks in the semis.

Japan beating Ireland really has given this World cup a buzz.

I suspect Scotland will beat Japan though, they may still not qualify which would be sad.

qualify by the skin of their teeth. Think they will lose to England and thus move to the non NZ side of the draw to play Wales in the quarters and hopefully boks in the semis.

I suspect Scotland will beat Japan though, they may still not qualify which would be sad.

Japan is still in the pound seats though by their bonus point win against Samoa. Scotland would need a serious thrashing of Russia to close the points gap to Japan which has the superior points difference currently.

Japan will know exactly what they need to do to qualify by the time they kick off against Scotland. They might be in a position where a loss by less than 7 Bonus point will be enough to see them through.

Japan Scotland going to be a great game.

Currently Japan on 14 points with a PD of 46. Japan play Scotland in their remaining game.

Scotland on 5 points with a PD of 10. Scotland play Russia then Japan. If Scotland beat Russia by anywhere close to 36 points its going to be even more interesting.

Ireland will qualify, I am hoping in second place with japan winning the group. but Scotland I suspect will beat Japan, sadly.

We wait n see. My rugby knowledge is not so good.

Japan Scotland going to be a great game.

Currently Japan on 14 points with a PD of 46. Japan play Scotland in their remaining game.

Scotland on 5 points with a PD of 10. Scotland play Russia then Japan. If Scotland beat Russia by anywhere close to 36 points its going to be even more interesting.

Ireland will qualify, I am hoping in second place with japan winning the group. but Scotland I suspect will beat Japan, sadly.

We wait n see. My rugby knowledge is not so good.

Does points difference count? I don't think so. If two teams end up on the same points then the team that won against each other goes through as far as I'm aware. Can someone verify this...yes...I know I could Google!

France are very unpredictable and one never knows what to expect. 2007 WC they were pool runners up and went on to beat NZ in the quarters.  

Does points difference count? I don't think so. If two teams end up on the same points then the team that won against each other goes through as far as I'm aware. Can someone verify this...yes...I know I could Google!

I took a chance, I could google too...damn we lazy

That answers my question

"In a two-way scenario, it is the team that won the match between them that proceeds. But this would be a three-way scenario where every team has won one and lost one. In this case, the two teams with the best points difference would qualify."

That answers my question

"In a two-way scenario, it is the team that won the match between them that proceeds. But this would be a three-way scenario where every team has won one and lost one. In this case, the two teams with the best points difference would qualify."

I googled too. That would mean Scotland would progress as they would have won the match. However if Japan were to score the bonus point then they would.

I stand corrected, thank you.