Rugby World Cup 2019

Eddy Gordo

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A level 5 special warning for heavy rain, the highest issued by the Meteorological Agency, was issued at 3:30 p.m. on Saturday urging residents in Tokyo, Shizuoka, Kanagawa, Saitama, Gunma, Yamanashi and Nagano prefectures to evacuate to a secure building or move to the second floor.

The Kanagawa Prefectural Government announced that it may have to release water from Shiroyama Dam in Sagamihara later in the day as an emergency measure to lower the water level.

That move would push up the water levels in the Sagamihara River and some rivers connected to it, significantly increasing flood risks in some areas in Sagamihara, Hiratsuka, Chigasaki, Atsugi, Ebina, Zama, Samukawa and Aikawa in the prefecture, officials said.

Amid concerns about landslides, flooding and record-breaking rainfall, more than 188,000 residents in Hachioji—a city in the western part of the greater Tokyo metropolitan area—and 432,000 in Edogawa Ward were issued an evacuation advisory, which is the last warning issued before a noncompulsory evacuation instruction is given.

Biggest Storm to hit Japan in 60 years, throw in an earthquake as well and I am surprised we don't have massive numbers of people missing or presumed dead. 

Namibia vs Canada was cancelled earlier today, I wouldn't be surprised if the other games are also cancelled. 

post-27827-0-01585600-1570939772_thumb.png

TOKYO, 13 Oct - Full assessment confirms venue ready to host big Pool A match

World Rugby praises Yokohama City and match venue

Fans advised to plan travel and arrive early

Travel services progressively returning to normal

There will be reduced levels of food and beverage services

World Rugby and the Japan Rugby 2019 Organising Committee have announced that Sunday’s Rugby World Cup 2019 Pool A match between Japan and Scotland at Yokohama International Stadium (19:45 JST) will go ahead as scheduled.  

The decision was taken following a comprehensive assessment of the venue and associated infrastructure on Sunday morning in partnership with the Host City. World Rugby and the Japan Rugby 2019 Organising Committee would like to thank everyone involved for their significant efforts to enable the match to be played as scheduled following one of largest and most powerful typhoons to hit Japan in recent years.

Go Japan, hope they give it the Scots, even though my Superbru was 2 (for the Scots).

Yup..I have the scots by 5

Go Japan, sitting pretty.

From here they need to only secure a loss by less than 7,everything else is cherry on top.

Scotland appear to have gotten over the shock in the 1st half, with 10 min left its going to be nail biting.