The Munga 2019

Ramrod

is it against the rules to get a text or call that you are WAAAAYYYYY off course?not that i assume there is any signal in any case. How would the race organisers know? just asking for real. talking about LM in this instance

edit: AND - do they have to backtrack and get back on course where they left? in LM's case they are actually going the long way assuming they take a left in the not to distant future. AVD now too it seems.

That's exactly what they have to do and if memory serves Hannele Steyn went 75km off course in the first Munga and went back adding 150km to her event, I think she only finished less than 4 hours behind the eventual winner Amy McDougall. The good news is that LM has realised that he is off course but now he is going to have to go backwards on the route and that could be a problem too.

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ramses has been standing still at 156km for the last 10min or so. Kevin still moving, 5km behind him

yea was just wondering...hes at what/whomever Ambo4 is.

Ramses has been standing still at 156km for the last 10min or so. Kevin still moving, 5km behind him

No need to panic his Tracker has not updated for 11 minutes although it did show him stationary so watch this space.

yea was just wondering...hes at what/whomever Ambo4 is.

Ambo is short for ambulance.. or does it have a different meaning in The Munga?

LM is at the crossroads literally and figuratively does he go back along the route to where he left it (+15km) or continue and face the wrath of the organisers. :blink:

edit: it's the latter I hope they're kind to him.

Edited by River Rat

so assuming LM is getting a DQ then? he continued on the normal route after rejoining.

In the past the organisers have exercised an element of leeway with the back markers, in his case he gained no advantage but we'll have to wait and see.

In the past the organisers have exercised an element of leeway with the back markers, in his case he gained no advantage but we'll have to wait and see.

i can only imagine them being kind if the detour was in fact longer AND harder ito elevation gain etc? a massive downhill detour might just be what the doctor ordered in some scenarios lol

Edited by morneS555