Sram Red 22 availability

Veebee

Frame is Chapter2 Tere rim brake. Got it at 65% below retail so couldnt say no.

There's another hubber in Kuilsrivier who has one of these, it's just gorgeous.

A silver Red 22 with some shallow carbon rims would look great with it...

VeeBee it looks like we are on the same journey at the moment...

going crazy with bikebuilds ?  :w00t:  :w00t: 

There's another hubber in Kuilsrivier who has one of these, it's just gorgeous.

A silver Red 22 with some shallow carbon rims would look great with it...

yeah i've chatted to him a few times... Chris.

Planning 35mm carbon wheels from Ican, they come in at 1251g a set for clinchers.

I'm only doing this build in Dec/Jan as I just put together a Swift Uvox a month ago and the wife will murder me if she hears about another new bike.

Happy Friday all.

Just checking if its still possible to buy a new Sram Red 22 groupset ? Been searching the webs and not much available. Looking to do a lightweight build and this is the best option.

Thanks

V

I just purchased this from Wiggle with the help of a buddy abroad. After looking quite intensely for Etap upgrade here, then Red 22 I found nothing that wouldn't make me hold my ankles when one does price comparisons with overseas websites. Ended up getting it at a reasonable price but courier costs, vat and customs added quite a bit to the overall price. Was still cheaper all in all when one compares the price I would've paid for it here had I found stock anywhere!

Ek soek ook al 3 maande lank vir n Sram GXP crank in 52/36 172.5mm, maar geen "luck" nie.

I have a brand new one for you but 170mm long and with 50/34 blades. Let me know if you're interested.

Regards,

Kurt

Can save you some money..... pick up a SRAM Red 10spd groupset perhaps in the classifieds on the cheap, then sell the shifters.  Import Red 22 shifters (which will reduce duties) and you are good to go  ;)

SRAM 11spd and 10spd are interchangeable.  So can use a 10spd RD, either 10spd FD (yaw or not) with Red 22 shifters.  Just fit 11spd cassette and chain.

I have this setup on my training/IDT bike, works perfect.  Only thing with 10spd RD you are limited to 11-28 cassette unless the RD is wifli

https://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=125050

Can save you some money..... pick up a SRAM Red 10spd groupset perhaps in the classifieds on the cheap, then sell the shifters.  Import Red 22 shifters (which will reduce duties) and you are good to go  ;)

SRAM 11spd and 10spd are interchangeable.  So can use a 10spd RD, either 10spd FD (yaw or not) with Red 22 shifters.  Just fit 11spd cassette and chain.

I have this setup on my training/IDT bike, works perfect.  Only thing with 10spd RD you are limited to 11-28 cassette unless the RD is wifli

https://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=125050

Thanks, thats handy info.

Will be my first time moving away from Shimano so still need to catch up on all the SRAM tech stuff