Anybody use dhb clothing?

J∆kk∆ls

Good day hubbers, hope everybody is enjoying their spring.

While the weather is turning lekker for all you back home, I am facing what is possibly going to be the coldest winter I have ever experienced. 

Before I pull the trigger on some winter gear I wanted to know if anyone here has bought and used dhb cycling kit.

Their prices are reasonable and the kit is not band looking but I would prefer to get an honest opinion about quality and ride comfort. 

My pre work rides are currently at around 10C and dropping fast so I will need some thermals soon. 

Dankie! 

I've used it for years. It's fantastic, excellent quality kit. I'd never bother looking for anything else to be honest.

For winter the fleece lined jerseys are great.

I've used the bike shorts, mtb shorts, jerseys, commuter range, jackets, gilets, everything! And it's all good!

Whether it's up to a Canada winter I don't know - I did have a thick fleece dhb gilet that I could never wear it was too warm.

Edited by SlowManiac

What good timing you have Jakkals. I got a mate coming from the UK, and I need some new winter gear and dhb has got my attention.

Been reading maningi reviews etc. have decided on the Aeron full protection soft shell jacket (currently on special at CRC). Was interested in a merino long sleeve baselayer, but the reviews for that are not great.

I haven’t pulled the trigger yet, will be watching this thread with interest.

I ride Ciovita race fit kit in medium, but I'm XS for dhb

Sizing is always a concern when buying unfamiliar brands online.

Good kit. Was the in-house brand for Wiggle when it launched and was a bit middle of the road in the first couple of years then they really started stepping it up with good design, features and great prices. I've run a couple of bits of theirs over the years and have been impressed with them. The quality was good and did what it was supposed to. Sizing in cycling seems to be a fairly fluid thing. Some italian manufacturers seems to run midget models when designing their kit, some poms go the other way, Rapha medium is a small at best and I can buy 2 x mtb tyres claiming to be 2.35 and one will be double the sizes of the others while some 2.6s when measured will sit about 2.3. 

Good bang for your buck.

I have used their shorts, tights and gloves for winter commuting in the UK and they worked well.

Its great kit and value for ammo. My wife rides in it and is really happy with the quality.

My wife too - loves her mohair XC style DHB top

What good timing you have Jakkals. I got a mate coming from the UK, and I need some new winter gear and dhb has got my attention.

Been reading maningi reviews etc. have decided on the Aeron full protection soft shell jacket (currently on special at CRC). Was interested in a merino long sleeve baselayer, but the reviews for that are not great.

I haven’t pulled the trigger yet, will be watching this thread with interest.

for merino, why not buy local?  https://coremerino.com/

I have their long winter bibs and they are fantastic on the 5-12c mornings. Not to hot and block out all the cold.

Thanks for all the replies fellas, I think I will for the dhb option over the Castelli option on Merlin cycles. I am trying to keep  the order under $300CAD as customs don't bother with duties on small purchases. 

Going to be ordering XL winter tights and L soft shell and merino jersey. 

I'm 192cm and weight 88kg. 

I only have dhb now as my roady kit! And love every piece of it. Have 4 different long sleeve for all the different seasons and also have 3 different bibs (one kinda like wetsuit material for rainy days). I love the fit. I think for now if I were to buy any more cycling kit I'll only buy them. :)

Edit: 1st started riding with them 4 years ago.

Edited by hayleyearth