Bike Test Drive

OemD

Good day all,

After 4 years and many happy miles (on a 2nd hand purchase) its time to buy a new MTB. 

So, I have done the homework and all is well, so many beautiful MTB's.

My question, is there any place in the WC where I can go and actually "test drive" a bike (like we would do with a car"?

Thank you all for any feedback.

Regards

OemD 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good day all,

After 4 years and many happy miles (on a 2nd hand purchase) its time to buy a new MTB. 

So, I have done the homework and all is well, so many beautiful MTB's.

My question, is there any place in the WC where I can go and actually "test drive" a bike (like we would do with a car"?

Thank you all for any feedback.

Regards

OemD 

East City Cycles

50 Harrington St,

Cape Town

021 426 6000

caps are very professional  Cannondale, Pyga test bikes you may need to book.

Most decent bike shops can arrange a demo bike (If the bike brand you are looking at have this available) for you to take out and test.

or if you can wait until November then visit bike fest where there will be test bikes from most brands

Most decent bike shops can arrange a demo bike (If the bike brand you are looking at have this available) for you to take out and test.

Thx, Will Ask

or if you can wait until November then visit bike fest where there will be test bikes from most brands

Will See if Im still in market by then..Thx

You clearly don't get to Pretoria often?! Apart from Pyga, bike shops here seem to be allergic to letting you demo a bike, regardless of how intent you are on buying.

You clearly don't get to Pretoria often?! Apart from Pyga, bike shops here seem to be allergic to letting you demo a bike, regardless of how intent you are on buying.

Ja but all you guy's up country are dodgy, so I can understand their concerns :P

Haha, that very allergic behavior from a lot of bake shops is why I bought my Camber at that time. I was actually looking at an Anthem / Spark but nobody could be bothered to let me try one out, Spez let me have a go on a Stumpy, Camber and Epic and I chose my favorite.

Not sure how in 2019 there still isn't a proper "demo-culture" in an industry where prices are literally running away.

Bikes within the same "class" can feel so different that it is of the utmost importance that one tries out a bike before handing over (a lot of) your hard earned money.

Haha, that very allergic behavior from a lot of bake shops is why I bought my Camber at that time. I was actually looking at an Anthem / Spark but nobody could be bothered to let me try one out, Spez let me have a go on a Stumpy, Camber and Epic and I chose my favorite.

Not sure how in 2019 there still isn't a proper "demo-culture" in an industry where prices are literally running away.

Bikes within the same "class" can feel so different that it is of the utmost importance that one tries out a bike before handing over (a lot of) your hard earned money.

Spot on.

I'm sure you can also understand the retailers point of view with this.

Cars get stolen more often than you think during test drives, can you imagine how easy it would be to take a bike.

Yes there should be some sort of mitigation put in place to lessen the loss, but its still risky business.