2020 Tour de France

pista

I guess it'll be viewed as a racing incident unless Wout's team appeals.

He was taking evasive action as the leg of the barrier was a risk.

Fortunately, Wout stayed upright and no one was injured.

EDIT: I guessed wrong. Sagan relegated to last position in peloton. 'Dangerous manoeuvre'. Fair outcome.

Difficult one, can't say I am convinced of the sanction. But they need to start drawing the line somewhere.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep they have to be consistent..it hurts as a Sagan fan and will hurt him.. but safety has to come first..

So does consistancy mean points deduction? Is Groenewegen then the exception to a racing incident?

Difficult one, can't say I am convinced of the sanction. But they need to start drawing the line somewhere.

Yep..oh well either start the fight for green over or shift focus for this TDF and full focus on getting prepared for the Giro.

Within the context of the Fabio Jakobsen crash, this is expected and an appropriate verdict, @Vetplant. He was boxed in and continued with his sprint. These are split second decisions at 68 km/h. Regardless of intent, it was dangerous.

Just saw on social media, that Wout gave Sagan the middle finger shortly after crossing the white chalk. 

Edited by 'Dale

Regardless of intent, it was dangerous.

Indeed..

*goes into the fetal position and cries*

What does the stage look like tomorrow?

Yip, he created a gap where there was not one, he is desprate for some points and made a split second decision to go for it. Natural instinct dor these guys. Correct decision made though to relegate him

Within the context of the Fabio Jakobsen crash, this is expected and an appropriate verdict, @Vetplant

Truth is he was boxed in and continued with his sprint. These are split second decisions at 68 km/h.

Regardless of intent, it was dangerous.

Very true.

I immediately felt uncomfortable when I saw the shove. Thoughts of Jakobsen came to mind.

We have been asking for more steps to ensure rider's safety. So probably long overdue.

I'll hope they don't dock all his points, but only for the stage finish.

Edited by Vetplant

Very true.

I immediately felt uncomfortable when I saw the shove. Thoughts of Jakobsen came to mind.

We have been asking for more steps to ensure rider's safety. So probably long overdue.

Yep it was dangerous. When I saw it I knew there would be trouble and as much as what I love Sagan that was dangerous the risk wasn't worth it..

No issues from Bora they accept the decision.

I think he loses all the point for the day..

It does seem fair all in and it seems like we all pretty much agree.... imagine, agreement on the Hub [emoji1]

Never ha ha ha .

Indeed..

*goes into the fetal position and cries*

What does the stage look like tomorrow?

A battle for the Intermediate Sprint Point (ISP). Maybe he can drop the sprinters on the last two bumps.

89c3b80ba4267555760c6b74033a5707.jpg

A battle for the Intermediate Sprint Point (ISP). Maybe he can drop the sprinters on the last two bumps.

89c3b80ba4267555760c6b74033a5707.jpg

[emoji1696]

Very true.

The right decision was made here ito sprint safety (rider responsibility). I still need to be convinced however that the UCI is going to make sure that organisers are held accountable if they are the ones who err. Something which the Jakobsen incident highlighted for me is that the UCI might not be entirely up to the task.

It does seem fair all in and it seems like we all pretty much agree.... imagine, agreement on the Hub [emoji1]

Would love to see the seconds leading up to the elbowing again ....

I thought the sprint was in the middle of the road .... then drifted right blocking out Sagan.

EDIT ... the sprint was in the middle of the road, then Berhard took the gap on the right ... Sagan forced past later ....

Where is the line between letting them block you out vs making sure they will keep a straight line next time ....

Sagan DID give them one almighty look after that sprint ... I was convinced he was upset by the blocking move ...

Then again, the previous accident reminds us of how badly this can end .... but surely the "blocker" has to carry some resposibility .....

Consistancy may just kill proper sprints ... sort out the barriers, please dont "dumb down" (skuus, daar is sekerlik n beter term ... maar my brits is nou op) the sprints ...

Edited by ChrisF

The right decision was made here ito sprint safety (rider responsibility). I still need to be convinced however that the UCI is going to make sure that organisers are held accountable if they are the ones who err. Something which the Jakobsen incident highlighted for me is that the UCI might not be entirely up to the task.

And still not a word about the race organisers in Poland.. niks nada f all.