Setups and saddle for back pain

NickGM

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also did spent much time up to recently adjusting my new bike.  I made 1 or two adjustments every time before going out on longer rides of 50 km +     I made minor adjustments of handlebar height, saddle height, saddle angle, saddle position, cleat positions.    5mm to 10mm this way and then again 5mm to 10mm that way -and then I assessed the impact of adjustments during every ride until I learned how it effected my back, hands, feet etc.  a difference of 5mm -10mm on Saddle position and handlebar height can make a very big difference to comfort and one's back as well as hand and foot numbness.

In re to your Back pain ...if there is NO evidence of Structural issues ....then the Pain is there to tell you something...normally relates to HUGH stress in your life of past issues not dealt with ....Read Dr Sarno (Healing back Pain)...unfortunately the whole medical system is based upon Newton...the world of Matter .....there is another World of Einstein ....the world of energy ...the two are intertwined. 

In re to your Back pain ...if there is NO evidence of Structural issues ....then the Pain is there to tell you something...normally relates to HUGH stress in your life of past issues not dealt with ....Read Dr Sarno (Healing back Pain)...unfortunately the whole medical system is based upon Newton...the world of Matter .....there is another World of Einstein ....the world of energy ...the two are intertwined. 

I weep for humanity 

Just an update: I went with an SQlabs saddle based on the recommendation of some experts and some hubbers (experts in their own right). They are pretty damn expensive but had a good returns policy so it was a low risk impulse buy. Suffice to say it has been a game changer. 

Thanks to all for the help and suggestions.

Excellent that you've found a saddle that works for you. Another touch point that requires careful consideration is the size and type of riding shorts you prefer. 

Yoga will be your answer - the Cobra specifically will make a huge difference to your life

Jumping in here from the side...sorrynotsorry

I rarely (if ever) go on rides of more than +-35km, but e.g. dragging myself up Saaltjie - my tjommie trek my swaar. Sitting on the devil's fist. I have the OEM saddle that came with my Fuel EX. I broke my L3 vertebrae 2yrs ago and made a full recovery (MIRACLE) but on long climbs I do tend to feel my lower back getting stiff and uncomfortable...

Would you recommend the likes of the Ryder Force for someone like me (trail rider pretending to do some enduro here and there)

This looks like a deal:

https://bike-addict.co.za/products/ryder-force-saddle