Held up at gunpoint on the Spruit this morning - 7/11/2019

MTBc

Was riding along river Rd next to the spruit this morning, saw a guy riding a Mtb on the spruit with his phone on a handlebar bracket, I couldnt help thinking that he was actually almost making himself a target, he was riding on his own too.

Not blaming the prospective victim here but surely it wont help to put phones and stuff on display. Just a thought.

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw there were two incidents in Delta Park this week.

One where three guys robed a guy of his bike at knife point and one where two guys; one with a knife and one with a fire arm robbed a group of people and an old lady.

Be careful out there.

100% sure these are all related. Ample time to stalk prey in that park and it's very obvious which paths commuters take. 

All you need to do is hang out for a bit and you'll find an easy target.

• 1 month later...

Hi all!

So I went and did a few loops at Emmarentia this morning about 8am, and was really pleasantly surprised to see two guards at the start of the tree line by the Marks Park Fence! Really helped put me, and the lot of other riders and walkers there at ease :) Thanks I assume to Jozi Trails?