Held up at gunpoint on the Spruit this morning - 7/11/2019

MTBc

I have no sympathy for the dead dude. If you play with guns and point them at people and terrorise them then there are consequences to that. Pitty the other two got away but hopefully they can track them down. I am sure that these are the same 3 that have been doing all the jackings. Thats one less armed parasite on the spruit to worry about. 

Please can you elaborate on this with more details of what happened if possible..

The original post by @worriesnot does not give any of these details

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NEWS JUST IN... attempted highjacking on Spruit near Jan Smuts. Cyclist shot highjacker - police and ambulance now on scene.

Getting info from Safety WhatsApp group and will share more as received.

It was only a matter of time before these fools who believed they were stealing from softies who wouldn't fight back came unstuck.

Given the history of what's being going on at the Spruit over the last few weeks I can't see the cyclist having this thing turned around on him.  

So one highjacker dead and two got away.

Apparently a special ops/force security guy that they tried to mug. 

Sting operation?

It was only a matter of time before these fools who believed they were stealing from softies who wouldn't fight back came unstuck.

Given the history of what's being going on at the Spruit over the last few weeks I can't see the cyclist having this thing turned around on him.  

Hopefully not, but either way he still will have a lot to deal with, just in having to come to terms with the ordeal and taking a persons life. Props to the cyclist, we thank you, hopefully he/she is not to traumatised and doesn't have to much of a cloud over them in the festive season.

Sting operation?

Don't know but I doubt it; probably just a vigilant cyclist is my guess.

Have no other details at this point - it's coming in dribs and drabs. 

I do know it was across the road from the Caltex on Jan Smuts, which is across the road from Old Parks and a few hundred metres from Sprocket&Jack.

I do know it was across the road from the Caltex on Jan Smuts, which is across the road from Old Parks and a few hundred metres from Sprocket&Jack.

Being prepared to defend yourself and/or defending yourself does not make you a vigilante!

Being prepared to defend yourself and/or defending yourself does not make you a vigilante!

But that's not what I said...  :)

Being vigilant does not make you a vigilante. 

Of het hierdie boertjie die pot mis gesit?

But that's not what I said...  :)

Being vigilant does not make you a vigilante. 

Of het hierdie boertjie die pot mis gesit?

Hy sal jou fkn skiet tjom 

NEWS JUST IN... attempted highjacking on Spruit near Jan Smuts. Cyclist shot highjacker - police and ambulance now on scene.

Getting info from Safety WhatsApp group and will share more as received.

A provisional YAY!!!

Posted this on a few WhatsApp groups may as well do so here as well, since there's a lot of conjecture going around.

Ok, so as it turns out this incident was near where I stay. Took a walk to the scene and met one of the guys and his mate.

There were two perps at the actual scene, not three. One got away with a phone the other was shot in self defence.
The two guys a
ttacked are unhurt and have a tactical background/training. They didn’t escalate the situation at all.
Uniform and plain clothes SAPS are on scene as well as searching the surrounding area, they are thorough and professional.
This is just an overview of what happened and there are probably specifics and personal details that’s best left to them and SAPS rather than to speculate.

About 1km from Sprocket, just below Old Parks.

Pity he was not, as then we could be sure he wouldn't be released and commit the same crime again.

On the other hand if he was dead he could not be questioned about who his mate was, where they are based and who they sell things to.

So, pleased he is not dead

Sure

But do/will the police actually do that? and follow up..etc?

On the other hand if he was dead he could not be questioned about who his mate was, where they are based and who they sell things to.

So, pleased he is not dead