PayPal possible scam

Kassiemier

Just need to let you guys know that the PayPal scammers are still active. I've been contacted (through bike hub) by a guy from Ukraine that wants to buy my bike (Luts Denys <denysbio17@gmail.com). He will arrange collection and pay through PayPal. 

I read the previous topic in 2018 about a similar case (https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/179523-paypal-scam/) which started my suspicion.

This morning I got a second text through bike hub from a member named homluvokk11 and the message read:

"If you don't respond to me today concerning the transfer,am sorry you left me with no other option than to contact Paypal of a possible legal action because the money is still on hold ..I will be waiting to read from you soon.
Regards."

It looks like there are things happening with these PayPal offers cause I believe this might have been sent to me prematurely as no transaction has taken place.

Please be aware

Sorry. We've been a target of a rather persistent scammer (possibly group of them) over the last few days. We're working on a number of fixes to try and prevent these scammers from getting through.

In general, if anyone mentions payment via PayPal on Bike Hub. Please report it to us and ignore them.

Time to get some philanthropic programmers on your side and just flood these scammers out of existence. 

Jim Browning -  Good work! 

SHame all these scammers can't be closed down.