bar ends

Slowbee

Ok so I have read some of the other threads on bar ends, but another question.

I am looking at the ergo grips for the comfort factor, but the salesman said that they are a good buy over the alu/carbon ones as they are likley to let your hands slip when things get wet.

Is this just sales talk or something to be aware of?

I prefer the 'ergo' ones but rode for a long time with those old school little alu ones and had no issues ......

Just remember - no barends on riser bars (not even 'low' risers) ! 

the position and comfort the cane creeks offer is the major selling point for me.

if you're worried about grip, tape them.

the position and comfort the cane creeks offer is the major selling point for me.

if you're worried about grip' date=' tape them.
[/quote']

True old Holy one.... but really no need to tape them...... they give grip anytime..... wet or dry......

if you are looking at the Cane Creek Ergo grips, you CANNOT go wrong.

I have had the same set from before the 2005 Epic. they work in both wet and dry condition. I have never slipped off them  - ever - even when riding without gloves on in the wet.

alu and carbon ones may be lighter, but the rubberised Cane Creeks are egonomic and comfy.

ok thanks guys. Dont want to go down the route of riser bars. Thats another days chat after I have ridden the darn bike

Ummm, what's wrong with that? Embarrassed

Ummm' date=' what's wrong with that? Embarrassed
[/quote']

It's like going into a gay bar and you try to convince people you are not. It's just not done.

if you're worried about grip' date=' tape them.
[/quote']

True old Holy one.... but really no need to tape them...... they give grip anytime..... wet or dry......

sorry, i shoulda been clearer. tape the alu ones (if you go that route - but you'd be silly) for extra grip.

Ummm' date=' what's wrong with that? Embarrassed
[/quote']

It's like going into a gay bar and you try to convince people you are not. It's just not done.

just because you lost the argument in the gay bar, and some people got their ends away, it's no need to come confuse your closet sexuality with a technical question.