Money no object build.

pista

I’ve always liked this English bike.

I’d probably want it with a Di-hub internal gearing to have the option of gearing if needed, but not sure if it’s available with the single “dropout” mount.

abc45102275d7518f7b21a0e8a9450d3.jpg

3f326ae7dfe218e92ce8908458934844.jpg

363968f75312e9062d3fae30bb486b57.jpg

ee6b7a30077a2cca57c3d0dbc2553274.jpg

947f442abc60583b2ad14cbcf18900b5.jpg

f0bde9027577a434c62de175a247a73a.jpg

ee5c86035c210ed657d4cae7ccd51435.jpg

28e300b47427a72d1d5348fa41a1a671.jpg

c4b429b2b1ca27704e54d5e2e0ba2a77.jpg

fbb1e7fd19b942a7cb9233d22f7a4b1f.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200409/59ae3977780d5d89de3fbb2cd14e90aa.jpg

Here’s the build cost from their website:

Base frame price: $3200

This includes:

Complete custom geometry and design

A custom blend of tubing to suit the design and intended purpose, ranging from Columbus Life to hand machined/formed 4130 cromoly

Fillet brazing

Single coat powder finish, with painted logos under clear.

Limited lifetime warranty (for the original purchaser)

Some 0ptions:

Integrated steel seatmast (with custom adjustable cap): $600

Integrated Enve carbon seatmast (with custom adjustable cap): $1200

Internal gear cable routing: $100

Internal routing for Di2: $200

Internal rear brake cable routing: $100

Custom wet paint by Colorworks: from $400

Niner Eccentric BB: $200

Split dropout for beltdrive: $150

Custom stem: from $400

Fork built to match: from $700

ENVE carbon fork with frame: from $400

English folding frame system: from $650

Custom racks: from $350

https://www.englishcycles.com/pricelist/

That drivetrain outside the chainstay... just looks like the belt is going to fall off!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the belt was going to fall off, the chain stay won’t make a difference - with the right tension, it should remain in place.

This design allows the removal/installation of the belt without the problems of a fixed chain stay.

edit: some info on the belt drive system

WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS TO THE CARBON DRIVE SYSTEM?

• Clean - No Lubrication means no greasy build up of dirt, keeping your hands, clothes, and children clean. 
  • Smooth – The Carbon Drive system eliminates the metal-to-metal contact of chains, delivering an unparalleled smoothness that you need to feel to believe.
  • No Noise – The Carbon Drive belt is virtually silent in most riding conditions.
  • Light Weight – the entire system, 2 sprockets and a belt, weighs less than just a typical chain.
  • No Stretch – The Carbon Drive belt does not stretch over time like a chain. This means you don’t have to re-tension the belt, or replace the belt due to stretch. 
  • Self-Cleaning – The patented CenterTrack and MudPort profiles were designed specifically to shed mud, dirt, snow and other debris to meet the needs and environmental challenges of a bicycle.
  • Life – Testing has shown the Carbon Drive belt to last more than twice the life of chains.
  • Consistent Efficiency - the Carbon Drive belt provides consistent efficiency over the lifetime of the drive. In contrast, chain efficiency decreases with wear and dirt.

WHAT ARE THE DRAWBACKS OF USING A CARBON DRIVE SYSTEM?

Because a belt cannot be broken and then reattached, the Carbon Drive System requires a belt-compatible frame. A belt also needs center distance adjustment for installation and proper tensioning. Methods include horizontally adjustable dropouts, eccentric bottom brackets, or eccentric hubs.

Edited by Frosty

If the belt was going to fall off, the chain stay won’t make a difference - with the right tension, it should remain in place.

This design allows the removal/installation of the belt without the problems of a fixed chain stay.

edit: some info on the belt drive system

WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS TO THE CARBON DRIVE SYSTEM?

• Clean - No Lubrication means no greasy build up of dirt, keeping your hands, clothes, and children clean. 
  • Smooth – The Carbon Drive system eliminates the metal-to-metal contact of chains, delivering an unparalleled smoothness that you need to feel to believe.
  • No Noise – The Carbon Drive belt is virtually silent in most riding conditions.
  • Light Weight – the entire system, 2 sprockets and a belt, weighs less than just a typical chain.
  • No Stretch – The Carbon Drive belt does not stretch over time like a chain. This means you don’t have to re-tension the belt, or replace the belt due to stretch. 
  • Self-Cleaning – The patented CenterTrack and MudPort profiles were designed specifically to shed mud, dirt, snow and other debris to meet the needs and environmental challenges of a bicycle.
  • Life – Testing has shown the Carbon Drive belt to last more than twice the life of chains.
  • Consistent Efficiency - the Carbon Drive belt provides consistent efficiency over the lifetime of the drive. In contrast, chain efficiency decreases with wear and dirt.

WHAT ARE THE DRAWBACKS OF USING A CARBON DRIVE SYSTEM?

Because a belt cannot be broken and then reattached, the Carbon Drive System requires a belt-compatible frame. A belt also needs center distance adjustment for installation and proper tensioning. Methods include horizontally adjustable dropouts, eccentric bottom brackets, or eccentric hubs.

I know it wouldn't make a difference. It just looks like that. so used to seeing the frame on the outside, the other way round just makes it look strange (different). 

That’s one reason why I like that frame... it’s not like an ordinary build.

Yeah. I get that completely. It's like the "righty" fork, the brake rotors on the right, the front brake mount, the front brake cable routing etc.

THIS!!!

86276942_10158912087187502_6218748023359

Oh Crikey.

Yes, pretty much anything from Baum.

I know very little about their bikes, but with those paint jobs they can ride like a penny farthing for all I care  :drool: