Specialized Diverge EVO

NickGM

I'm just leaving this here because the comments are really funny and I'm tired of talking/reading about coronavirus:

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/specialized-diverge-evo-gravel-shredder-high-end-hybrid-or-just-a-rigid-mountain-bike.html

I still wouldn't mind one though.

from the article

"So, what the heck are these Diverge EVO things: Are they just high-end hybrids with better geometry to shred the bike paths? Five-year-old mountain bikes with not enough tire clearance? "

from the article

"So, what the heck are these Diverge EVO things: Are they just high-end hybrids with better geometry to shred the bike paths? Five-year-old mountain bikes with not enough tire clearance? "

Yeah, I mean if we call it what it is, it's planned obsolescence. They have to keep bringing out new models every year to keep sales up, and most of the time those new models are just a re-hash of existing ideas with a new paint job, designed to make you feel like your older bike is out of date or no longer relevant. And most of the masses will drink the cool aide and buy the bike, or at the very least type "^this" or "want" or "That bike tho" on the Instagram page because we've normalized this behavior.

And somewhere far away the scrapheap of your discarded consumer junk gets bigger. Good old capitalism eh, real sustainable.

Edit: that said, if this encourages people to ride instead of drive, then it's a step in the right direction at least.

Edited by NickGM

I must be ahead of the game

that bike of yours is so old and outdated... I mean, you have leaf spring suspension on it ffs!?

How can you even begin to fathom that tractor suspension is more betterer than  that "future shock" its not even that difficult...it's right there in the name man.

:P

the world is going crazy....

Haha.

It does seem like more aggressive gravel bikes is essentially becoming "normal" hardtails, this is probably even more weird.

https://ninerbikes.com/products/mcr-9-rdo

I do think that Diverge EVO would make an amazing commuter. 

If a monster cross bike is a mtb with dropbars instead of a flat bar.

What is monster cross bike with a flat bar instead of a dropbar?

I understand that some spanners want a flat bar and big tires on gravel bike, but it seems like we going around in circles a little.

then again...what goes for "normal" hardtails these days under the moniker "hardcore hardtail", means there is actually this self inflicted void for just plain vanilla mountain bikes again...and what better way to fill them than to just repurpose longer-lower-slacker-gravel bikes. Soon we'll have trail gravel bikes, we are already halfway there...they have rear suspension now haha. then + gravel bikes...then long travel gravel bikes...then sam hill will gooi one with flat pedals down a mountain and become enduro champ on one. ^_^

Edited by morneS555

Pretty sure if these companies keep pushing out the boat in terms of R&D and geometry tweaks they will come up with my Merida 120 soft tail 26er.

Sweet, I will be back in fashion again.

I must be ahead of the game

Would you say the Lauf is worth it or a rigid carbon fork for a gravel bike?

Would you say the Lauf is worth it or a rigid carbon fork for a gravel bike?

I am big fan of the Lauf - really worthwhile on gravel - I am currently riding without it after damaging it and the difference is massive

Edited by Waynemol

I am big fan of the Lauf - really worthwhile on gravel - I am currently riding without it after damaging it and the difference is massive

i'm also riding rigid at the moment (carbon) mainly due to the fact that I want my bike to be virtually maintenance free. It suits me at present. I'm guess i'm lazy and don't care much for all this fork serving bs after riding a mere 20minutes. Even my dropper is starting to annoy me. Dont get me wrong...my bike is always pristine..I just appreciate the facy that there are less things to faf about than most bikes. it just works. If I dont feel like washing it every time...then thats fine too, its not made of glass.  

But since the Lauf also has that as a 'feature'...I have been quietly desiring one as a possible replacement for my carbon fork down the road. Most of my riding also happens mainly on light trails and gravel these days. But then...I don't really feel like i NEED it. the 29+ rubber i have in front has plenty of compliance. I just WANT one i guess...