Bikes Are the New Toiletpaper

PygaSchmyga

I agree about the schools but less so about taxis. They are taking >12 people in one vehicle so are not really the big problem ITO congestion. Single occupancy vehicles are. But yes, taxis definitely make the roads feel less safe and so less attractive to cycle commuters. In terms of "near death experiences" while I'm on my bike, taxis and aggressive drivers in big bakkies are neck and neck for pole position.

If you are awake and anticipate the areas where taxi’s tend to pull over...I actually feel they are more predictable than the tannie In her range rover or the guy in his raptor. In some cases it feels like the taxis are atleast used to where the extremities of their buses are. ...and therefor usually give you enough space. The problem is the person who normally cant even parallel park their smart car....now driving a 3 ton, 6m Long status-van....thinking its size now gives them more authority on the road...even though their driving ability is still on level vw polo or kia picanto...

Edited by morneS555

The golf courses are still closed but cycling is allowed. 

Im expecting MTB sales to do very well around this time.

If you are awake and anticipate the areas where taxi’s tend to pull over...I actually feel they are more predictable than the tannie In her range rover or the guy in his raptor. In some cases it feels like the taxis are atleast used to where the extremities of their buses are. ...and therefor usually give you enough space. The problem is the person who normally cant even parallel park their smart car....now driving a 3 ton, 6m Long status-van....thinking its size now gives them more authority on the road...even though their driving ability is still on level vw polo or kia picanto...

have to agree, I find the same up here in JHB.