Races a thing of the past...... for now at least

T_Boss

According to HA Toere which hosts, among others, the Panorama Tour and Mpumalanga tour, said on a FB post that the "extra rules" are about 75 pages and not worth it.

If that's the case, I doubt we will have any racing this year  :thumbdown:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree without target events it is harder to motivate myself to go out on winter mornings.

Especially with no mountainbike races at all.

The past weekend me and a mate went riding in the plantations and just exploring new tracks and routes,it was great just a nice mounty ride off the normal paths.

I feel that Covid will disrupt all our type of racing for this year even some of 2021.

A big part of stage races is the social side of things after each stage and If they had to somehow have races but all riders must stay away from each other and social distancing it will kill the "vibe" at the events.

So for now its just riding and enjoying.

If that's the case, I doubt we will have any racing this year  :thumbdown:

agree. event organisers are in it for profit - not sure if Disaster Man will limit numbers and impose conditions that impacts the bottom line. my take is that cycling event protocols ito covid must be lodged by CSA to Sports Minister - once the Sports Minister agrees with the proposals then we can see what EO's are up against. would like to see what HA Toere has