Flat pedal shoes 2020

Spafsack

I have a pair of the RC's, so for everyone's interest I've found them to run true to your usual shoe size. They are very comfy and have slightly less stiff soles than the Spaz shoes (which is my only other point of reference i.t.o flats).  They are more comfy to me than the Spaz shoes also.

I sometimes also get hotspots or dead spots from my clipless shoes, and have not had this issue yet so far using the RC shoes coupled with Spaz Boomslang pedals.

I can concur on the sizing. I have changed from 510's to the RC Wildcats. They are much more comfortable for me compared to the 510's. Also The ankle support is great and I can get the shoe very tight with the velcro strap.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can concur on the sizing. I have changed from 510's to the RC Wildcats. They are much more comfortable for me compared to the 510's. Also The ankle support is great and I can get the shoe very tight with the velcro strap.

How do you find the grip compared to FiveTen? I've been running Impact Low's for as long as I can remember and was looking at the Powerline as my replacement! 

Currently run the RC Helion and love them, just want something more substantial for the Enduro/Gravity riding days

It is not as grippy as the 510, but it is just about grippy enough. My feet stay planted. On a few occasions they have come off, but thats due to poor foot placement.

I think i know why those Terrex's work. Those soles are dam stiff, and tough as nails. Would still love to do a decent test between a few makes and review.

I think i know why those Terrex's work. Those soles are dam stiff, and tough as nails. Would still love to do a decent test between a few makes and review.

Question is who stocks them. I can't find them anywhere at the moment. 

Question is who stocks them. I can't find them anywhere at the moment.

Last time i walked around the mall, i saw Terrex at cape union, teckie town, mr teckie.

They seem to have almost been a once off, if you are referring to the Adidas Terrex Trail Cross with Stealth rubber soles. They made 2 generations and I haven't heard of them since, definitely haven't seen them available in SA since they initially released them years ago.

Hi Sky, yip, those are / were the ones. There is actually such a big market for flat shoes, proper ones.

Hi Sky, yip, those are / were the ones. There is actually such a big market for flat shoes, proper ones.

You get loads, just not on south africa.

Oneal, giro, mavic, bontrager(i think locally available through trek), northwave, pearl izumi, afton, and some others

Would be great to see 5.10 return to SA but for someone to start importing it is going to take a mad amount of money to start this up.

They seem to have almost been a once off, if you are referring to the Adidas Terrex Trail Cross with Stealth rubber soles. They made 2 generations and I haven't heard of them since, definitely haven't seen them available in SA since they initially released them years ago.

With Adidas having bought 510 I think the Terrex are relaunched as under the Five Ten banner as a Trailcross shoe https://www.adidasoutdoor.com/five-ten-trailcross-lt-men%27s-mountain-bike-shoe/EPB22.html

Hopefully they bring these to SA

Would be great to see 5.10 return to SA but for someone to start importing it is going to take a mad amount of money to start this up.

My partners were actually the importers of 5.10 for the past 7 odd years and were forced to drop the brand after Adidas pulled the plug in a global scaling down seen with many other big corporates such as Nike, Puma et al

No amount of money will see 5.10 back in South Africa I'm sad to say - we approached Adidas in every conceivable way in order to retain distribution, but were turned down 2 years prior to our contract even coming to an end! 

Needless to say RideConcepts have proven every bit a worthy replacement with fantastic shoe quality and great support globally - awesome bunch

My partners were actually the importers of 5.10 for the past 7 odd years and were forced to drop the brand after Adidas pulled the plug in a global scaling down seen with many other big corporates such as Nike, Puma et al

No amount of money will see 5.10 back in South Africa I'm sad to say - we approached Adidas in every conceivable way in order to retain distribution, but were turned down 2 years prior to our contract even coming to an end! 

Needless to say RideConcepts have proven every bit a worthy replacement with fantastic shoe quality and great support globally - awesome bunch

Oh wow. I didn't know the men with the three stripes were such assholes. 

Will definitely have a look at RC once my Impact Lows die on me. 

You can buy from crc, bike24, bike discount, wiggle and quite a few others from overseas. You will also find that some of the online stores have huge discounts.

I bought my RC from one of the german stores and it landed at around R1800 last year some time.

You can buy from crc, bike24, bike discount, wiggle and quite a few others from overseas. You will also find that some of the online stores have huge discounts.

I bought my RC from one of the german stores and it landed at around R1800 last year some time.

No issues importing. My current pair is imported. My concern is with Adidas changing the sizing/fit slightly it might not be ideal. Being able to try on is a big must.

No issues importing. My current pair is imported. My concern is with Adidas changing the sizing/fit slightly it might not be ideal. Being able to try on is a big must.

Agreed, I always find adidas presses my toes. However you will have other options available as well. CRC has a nice collection of flat pedal shoes and a sale on at the moment.