Bridge Cycles

Rico

Years ago, before Spez went the Concept shop way, I also went down South from the Northern Suburbs to buy a Tarmac at Bridge. I am not sure how good or bad the place is these days but back then they gave me an excellent deal and great service through the salesman Demetri Mamacos.

Nah the shop works just fine. I'm wise enough to realise that before I leap into any bargain call ahead, chat reserve, execute.

Bridge cycles is emensely popular down south for good reasons that the regular customers understand. Its not like they advertise stock they don't /didn't have. They buy bulk and their sale stock sells fast, very fast

Yup. I haven't been there for aeons but I remember it and the friendly service, the shop packed to the rafters with all sorts and the general family vibe. 

Much like Crown cycles, but more of a selection. It felt like I was navigating a maze, with something new around each corner. Not that it's a large shop, though. 

Edited by Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

Bridge is one of those places you don't even both with online. Walk into the store rather, have a chat and they will go out their way to get you a go deal.

They also carry a huge stock of weird and wonderful derailleur hangers.

Years ago, before Spez went the Concept shop way, I also went down South from the Northern Suburbs to buy a Tarmac at Bridge. I am not sure how good or bad the place is these days but back then they gave me an excellent deal and great service through the salesman Demetri Mamacos.

I did just the same but with a Venge. Demetri helped with the build. 

My Supersix also started life there as well.

As I said, have only ever had great experience with them.

Edited by Pure Savage

You don't want to start that, bro.... :P

Enquire as verb:

Originated from the Old French enquerre which means ‘to seek’, enquire is used in all the situations where inquire is utilized. In other words, enquire is another form of inquire.

The traditional distinction between the verbs enquire and inquire is that enquire is to be used for general senses of ‘ask’, while inquire is reserved for uses meaning ‘make a formal investigation’. There is one qualification to this. Some Britons make the distinction that enquire and its derivatives apply to informal queries, and inquire and its derivatives to formal investigations. In practice, however, enquire, and the associated noun enquiry, are more common in British English while inquire (and the noun inquiry) are more common in American English, but otherwise there is little discernible distinction in the way the words are used.

ok i learnt something from this one

Walk into the store rather...

Not always that easy ... small store and stocked to the rafters.

You sometimes have to wait for others to exit before you can get in. :)

Went into Bridge once, the Trek agent was there as well. The agent and owner offered me a fuel ex 2020 demo just when the model came out, maybe even before, at a pretty good price. I wasn't really looking at that model to be fair. Told the owner I would think about it and left. An hour later the owner called me back with a reduced offer. Thought that was really great.

Not always that easy ... small store and stocked to the rafters.

You sometimes have to wait for others to exit before you can get in. :)

So they been social distancing for a while already..............

• 2 weeks later...

They seem to have the best deals on new bikes, or atleast on most entry level models across most brands

also got myself pair of MTB shoes at a great price!

Very helpful team