Zwift L'Etape du Tour thoughts

Muttley

so my Elite Direto X arrived yesterday afternoon, big upgrade from a very old Cycleops Powerbeam.

Wow, what a difference on Zwift on the inclines. Holds power soo much better and not having the rear wheel slip while over 8% helps big time.

Now to ride more of the "climbs" on Zwift to get a better feel of it.

But you can "hack" into any of the worlds at any time. I was riding in France 2 weeks ago. Surely that means all the worlds are hosted simultaneously?

World data is saved on your computer. You can ride any world offline as well, your ride data will just not be saved and uploaded. Only reason for rotation is to have more people on the "open" worlds. Zwift is foremost a socializing platform.

World data is saved on your computer. You can ride any world offline as well, your ride data will just not be saved and uploaded. Only reason for rotation is to have more people on the "open" worlds. Zwift is foremost a socializing platform.

That may very well be the case but it doesn't explain how I can ride with other people that have hacked into the same maps as me. That must imply that there is some communication between a server and all the users currently on that map?

That may very well be the case but it doesn't explain how I can ride with other people that have hacked into the same maps as me. That must imply that there is some communication between a server and all the users currently on that map?

There is probably some form of server support, I assume they use something like AWS where the capacity can be scaled based on which worlds they expect to be busy.

I assume most would be assigned for Watopia and the guest worlds, and less for other worlds such as Crit City etc.

They can't have no capacity for the other worlds, as races can be held on worlds that aren't part of that day's rotation.

There is probably some form of server support, I assume they use something like AWS where the capacity can be scaled based on which worlds they expect to be busy.

I assume most would be assigned for Watopia and the guest worlds, and less for other worlds such as Crit City etc.

They can't have no capacity for the other worlds, as races can be held on worlds that aren't part of that day's rotation.

You're probably right.

It'll be interesting to see how they manage the rotation with the ever increasing map pool. Perhaps a 3rd guest world? Who knows? Expanding the current worlds could make the transition easier.

Paris as a guest world almost doesn't make sense. It's so small. Personally I'd be fine with them leaving it as event only

Don't underestimate the free rides - I did one after just doing the Build me up Plan and got toasted by the climbing...

Busy with the Dirt Destroyer Plan now which has been beyond average IMO. Think I'm gonna spend some bucks on a Training Peaks Plan

Be ready for a lot of grinding! Just finished Dirt Destroyer last week. Really liked it.