Drivetrain tension question

BaGearA

Okay so when backpedaling my bike today just before putting on the chain cleaner I noticed a lot of tension or resistance to backpedaling the bike 

Like its hard to backpedal , if that makes sense 

Bike rolls perfectly and pedaling normally feels right 

Note:

BB spins freely ( checked with chain off , crank turns super easily ) 

Jockey wheel on tensioner is in good condition and also spins great 

Hub and freehub bearings are brand new ( under 20km on them ) 

Chainring is under 1000km since new 

Cog and chain both under 200km 

Like i said if i push the wheel forward it spins great ( makes me feel better about what I paid for those bearings ) 

The big black dust seal on the freehub is correctly seated and not causing binding there 

Could it be the chunky chain ? My santa cruz wasn't nearly this hard to back pedal ( pro4 hubs , 11spd drive with 12spd chain ) 

Or am I being worrried about nothing ?

Pictures with tensioner on and off cause i tested it both ways and it felt similar 

post-46013-0-56806500-1595953608_thumb.png

post-46013-0-17771400-1595953613_thumb.png

Cant make out from the pics and i’m pretty confident you know what you are doing.

But chain line/chain combo maybe?

Cant make out from the pics and i’m pretty confident you know what you are doing.

But chain line/chain combo maybe?

Chain line is dead straight, its more outboard through, I could probably get it close to the middle of the freehub while keeping the chain straight

Totally like the ss. Check freehub bearings. If they are pressed in too tight it does cause that problem. Had it before on hope freehub bearings

okay as I said the bearings are new , and when I have the rear wheel removed and in my hand I can spin the cog by hand and it's very light all i feel is the prawls clicking over 

okay as I said the bearings are new , and when I have the rear wheel removed and in my hand I can spin the cog by hand and it's very light all i feel is the prawls clicking over

What does it feel like with the wheel fitted, but chain removed ?

Sounds like something is binding when the wheel is clamped on the frame ...

What does it feel like with the wheel fitted, but chain removed ?

Sounds like something is binding when the wheel is clamped on the frame ...

Ai now I feel stupid 

That's exactly where the friction is coming from  :ph34r:

So the cap that clamps the spacers and cog down isn't rubbing against anything and also osn't rubbing against the Qr end cap 

will browse forms tomorrow to try to find an idea 

That's enough tinkering for now 

Gooi any idea you might have 

What hub is it? With hope hubs you have a little washer between the hub bearing and the freebody. If that washer is not there then the hub binds up when the axle is tightened. You can pedal, but it wont free wheel.

What hub is it? With hope hubs you have a little washer between the hub bearing and the freebody. If that washer is not there then the hub binds up when the axle is tightened. You can pedal, but it wont free wheel.

Washer is in

is the QR done up too tight?

Just an honest question, my son always moans I do mine too tight, is it possible to be too tight?