Are the Cradle Wars coming.....?

Mojoman

Incorrect, there are tons of free trails in the blocks between HP / Beyers and Malibongwe on both the Randburg and cradle side of the N14. We regularly clock up 50-70km.....to start exploring I suggest you go left from trail parallel to Beyers iso right down satellite hill 

Yep i was thinking this as well. Theres a ton of single track and MTB paths from all access sides  - go look at Strava heat maps etc or Garmin Connect and you will see them. Just be careful as there are also a lot of them that skirt squatter camps etc and the policing is non-existent so have your insurance up to date and don't ride alone. I can assure you that the increase in people riding bikes hasn't gone unnoticed by the people wanting bikes and willing to rob for money for food drugs etc.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, but they were not built by and are not maintained by the Gauteng gvt was the point

Apologies, you’re correct on that. I did not realise that was your point

Yep i was thinking this as well. Theres a ton of single track and MTB paths from all access sides - go look at Strava heat maps etc or Garmin Connect and you will see them. Just be careful as there are also a lot of them that skirt squatter camps etc and the policing is non-existent so have your insurance up to date and don't ride alone. I can assure you that the increase in people riding bikes hasn't gone unnoticed by the people wanting bikes and willing to rob for money for food drugs etc.

In my experience there is very little crime on these trails precisely because so few people ride them.

Criminals are not daft so they rather hang out in places where there’s lots of opportunities like Spruit etc.

So, the guy didn't post the footage afterall?

Whilst we're on it, someone post a .kmz of this pesky route. Please.

yes that was my bad. i accidentally recorded over it on that afternoon ride. but i am sure i will be there in the next few weeks and will make sure not to record over it.

Route bidon to bidon 28.57km

post-139026-0-67300200-1598433952_thumb.png

Edited by Spy007

So, the weekends is turning out to be a nightmare with volume of people and spring on the way.

Has anyone been out there during the weekdays?

I would assume, it will be much peaceful.

**my one and only attempt was on a Sunday, but i got there early, like about 7:30. which was still ok. I don't know what the place looks like at 10 or 12 or maybe 3pm***

I ride there quite a bit during the week. Very very quiet...bliss.

Yesterday I did the full MTB trail and a few extra bits. Saw about 3 other riders

I ride there quite a bit during the week. Very very quiet...bliss.

Yesterday I did the full MTB trail and a few extra bits. Saw about 3 other riders

I'm thinking about taking some time away from work, more like *cough*cough*sniff*sniff, so i can run away for a day or so  :devil:  :devil: