Anybody with experience of Outsurance bike cover

martelpypie

saffa, i would be veryvery careful - ask for hte FULL policy wording and check it through with a magnifying glass. a recorded conversation is useless - all these guys have a tendancy to lose those specific recordings...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got +- R 32000.00 cover for R 210.00 / month. Excess R 420.00.

I carry my bikes in the car so I went ahead with the cover anyway.

markS, just be very careful - you might find that if any part of the bike is visible through a window, albeit locked, will invalidate any claim

I wanted to move my whole insurance over to Outsurance.  I currently pay under R800.00/month for two cars and household goodies.  Outsurance quoted me R750.00 just for one car and I stopped them right there.

Do you guys have the whole household/car and bike package with them or is it only bicycles?

I wanted to move my whole insurance over to Outsurance.  I currently pay under R800.00/month for two cars and household goodies.  Outsurance quoted me R750.00 just for one car and I stopped them right there.

Do you guys have the whole household/car and bike package with them or is it only bicycles?

I guess you are not 1 out of the two people to get a better deal from them. LOL

Only the bikes. Might add the car later.

ok ...  I poke to three consultants and the manager and they are adamant that if the bike is locked to the bike rack that it is covered ...

for the record I have everything with them:

Car - R 630.35 (Excess R2500)

House Contents - R155.77 (R200 000)

Bike - R132.68 (Excess R400)

Comments?

Saffa_G2008-06-30 04:08:57

Outsurance should be called outrageous, similar to incredible rippoff and hifi corruption.

They say they cut out the middle man to save you money but then they load their admin fees and everything else and still land up to be more expensive than everyone else. I have had numerous quotes from them and they alway in the top two most expensive insurance companies.
Speed Devil2008-06-30 04:18:59

Similar experience last week, phoned around for insurance for my new car and Outsurance quote was R385 more expensive than my current Insurers quote.

go checkout the following website hellopeter.com and see which insurers have the most complaints and then it will be clear who you should avoid and who you can do business with. Company a = 970 posts company b = 71 posts b=m&f

Outsurance should be called outageous' date=' similar to incredible rippoff and hifi corruption.

They say they cut out the middle man to save you money but then they load their admin fees and everything else and still land up to be more expensive than everyone else. I have had numerous quotes from them and they alway in the top two most expensive insurance companies.
[/quote']

It's called marketing...they tell everyone they're cheaper and 1 out of 2 suckers just believes them.

Had a bad experinece with Outsurance a few years ago when my bakkie was insured with them. Someone reversed into me and the consultant handling the claim was utterly useless.

Took 4 weeks for them to figure out whose insurance company actually had to pay for the damage. An email to the head of customer services, the CEO and chairman of the board had the issue sorted within 24hrs.

Eventually it turned out that I could add my personal vehicle to the company insurance(after initially being refused...?) and got away with paying 2/3rd the monthly premium I was paying to Outsurance.

As for hiking their premiums, after the first year the premium on my bakkie went up by around 15%. I phoned and asked why so much? They said 'Inflation'. I told them inflation was less than 6% and they responded right there during the call by cutting the increase in half.

Clearly they just do whatever the hell they like. If you take them to task, they're apologetic. Problem for us and bonus for them is that most people don't put up a fuss.

On my car I'm with Budget and can you believe that I actually got my excess back the last time a lady reversed into me. And it it only took about 6 weeks.

Outsurance should be called outageous' date=' similar to incredible rippoff and hifi corruption.

[/quote']

It's called marketing...they tell everyone they're cheaper and 1 out of 2 suckers just believes them.

Had a bad experinece with Outsurance a few years ago when my bakkie was insured with them. Someone reversed into me and the consultant handling the claim was utterly useless.

Took 4 weeks for them to figure out whose insurance company actually had to pay for the damage. An email to the head of customer services, the CEO and chairman of the board had the issue sorted within 24hrs.

Eventually it turned out that I could add my personal vehicle to the company insurance(after initially being refused...?) and got away with paying 2/3rd the monthly premium I was paying to Outsurance.

As for hiking their premiums, after the first year the premium on my bakkie went up by around 15%. I phoned and asked why so much? They said 'Inflation'. I told them inflation was less than 6% and they responded right there during the call by cutting the increase in half.

Clearly they just do whatever the hell they like. If you take them to task, they're apologetic. Problem for us and bonus for them is that most people don't put up a fuss.

My Dad had a similar incident with them a few years back. They sent a letter saying his premiums would be increased and gave a percentage value. When he received his next statement and worked out the increase into a percentage value it was way more than what his original letter said. So he phoned them and then they brought the increase down to be in line with the letter that they sent.

Like you say, most people don't put up a fuss. I wonder how many people actually check there policies avery year and double check.