Body Massage Guns

mecheng89

Gimmick... :ph34r:

Would you care to elaborate on this please Chris? Too late for me I already bought it though.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you care to elaborate on this please Chris? Too late for me I already bought it though.

I just think theres a lot of incredibly basic free stuff we (royal we) don't do for recovery, and shelling out for a massage gun is a bit lazy. Do you sleep enough? Do you eat right? Do you stretch? If its only for injury recovery have you iced correctly? rested properly? Are you treating the actual cause? 

*a side note: bodies can be quite complicated, whenever I finally reach the point to drag myself to a physio or chiro I always learn something new (as opposed to what years of self-rehab and Dr Google would suggest). This gun seems quite aggressive so I'd be wary of handing it to just anyone and assuming they know whats going on underneath.

I just think theres a lot of incredibly basic free stuff we (royal we) don't do for recovery, and shelling out for a massage gun is a bit lazy. Do you sleep enough? Do you eat right? Do you stretch? If its only for injury recovery have you iced correctly? rested properly? Are you treating the actual cause? 

*a side note: bodies can be quite complicated, whenever I finally reach the point to drag myself to a physio or chiro I always learn something new (as opposed to what years of self-rehab and Dr Google would suggest). This gun seems quite aggressive so I'd be wary of handing it to just anyone and assuming they know whats going on underneath.

cant be worse than foam rolling or any other self massage method.

I got one because tight quads are making my knee hurt, foam rolling after every ride has helped a heck of a lot, this gives me another options to relieve the muscles.

I also have HUGE knots in my shoulders, stress and posture related, if left it give me nausea inducing headaches, my wife only has so much strength in her hands and I seem to pop tennis balls open at the seem when I lie on them to self massage.

cant be worse than foam rolling or any other self massage method.

I got one because tight quads are making my knee hurt, foam rolling after every ride has helped a heck of a lot, this gives me another options to relieve the muscles.

I also have HUGE knots in my shoulders, stress and posture related, if left it give me nausea inducing headaches, my wife only has so much strength in her hands and I seem to pop tennis balls open at the seem when I lie on them to self massage.

I have an issue where my left hand calf muscles, hammie and quads get extremely tight when I push the mileage. Also my lower back goes into spasm on the right hand side as well. If it can help my long suffering wife to sort it out without her ending cursing me it’s worth the R500 right there. I do regularly roll and stretch so this should just be another tool in my arsenal.

When life gets in the way, not everyone would be able to get enough sleep, eat right etc.

But one needs to remember that this is not a quick fix, you still need to do your basic mobility work.

This just helps a bit more, you can use it while sitting on the couch watching TV.

Nothing bad can really come of it. Most have multiple settings so you can adjust as needed.

When life gets in the way, not everyone would be able to get enough sleep, eat right etc.

But one needs to remember that this is not a quick fix, you still need to do your basic mobility work.

This just helps a bit more, you can use it while sitting on the couch watching TV.

Nothing bad can really come of it. Most have multiple settings so you can adjust as needed.

I agree, we all have our reasons and valid excuses. I love a toy as much as the next person but for some reason I wasn't sold on this one. I'll just stick to my slaz ball to get in there.

I've felt it once before, on my calf and I thought the oke was going to drill through the table. Its a serious piece of equipment - hence my warning.

Well, I've bought the one off OneDayOnly, I'll give you guys some feedback once I've tried it a few times. 

Foam rolling quads is just an embarrassing spectacle best left for the bedroom. 

My brother in law loves his one, even if I keep telling him it looks like an oversized sex toy  :whistling:

when can we expecte feedback?  ^_^

Hi

If you are interested in the Hypervolt, feel free to contact me for more information and Pricing

So my massage gun from onedayonly has just arrived. 

Busy charging it up, will give it a go tonight.

First impressions is that its much much less impact on the body than foam rolling.

I've got a massage tip/head that goes on a jigsaw, and does pretty much the same thing. So there is that option, if you want to tim-the-toolman-taylor it. I already had a cordless jigsaw, the attachment was R250 off amazon.

It works really well when the DOMS makes my muscles ache, provides immediate relief and can target some areas better than foam rolling/lacrosse ball, where it's difficult or awkward to position the muscle.