iPhone 12 release

Cois

Any clearer indication yet of when the 12 will be available in SA?

Nope. The iStore told me that they do not have an idea. But have a feeling it is only going to launch next year.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Waiting for the 18th to see what the contract prices will do. Think my XR will go back to Apple while it has some value.

• 2 weeks later...

So cellc advertise they have iPhone 12. Since I’m with them already it’s an easy upgrade.

But

They have no stock yet.

Still have my iPhone 6.

I refuse to pay more than 10k for a phone.

My 6s battery that I replaced in October is not lasting, and the charging port has become a little dodgy, so I’m keen to upgrade.

So cellc advertise they have iPhone 12. Since I’m with them already it’s an easy upgrade.

But

They have no stock yet.

Lol, CellC are no longer stocking iPhones, even if they don’t let you in on it...

I waited nearly 3 months, and just before my contract ran out they called to tell me they received stock so I renewed. Even iStore does not do contract renewals for CellC as they do for other providers. I suggest you either hold out on renewing or pay for it at an iStore on your credit card

Lol, CellC are no longer stocking iPhones, even if they don’t let you in on it...

I waited nearly 3 months, and just before my contract ran out they called to tell me they received stock so I renewed. Even iStore does not do contract renewals for CellC as they do for other providers. I suggest you either hold out on renewing or pay for it at an iStore on your credit card

for a long time they did not have iPhones listed, but now with the release of the 12 they have them again.

If nothing transpires in the upcoming weeks I will have to port to one of the other networks and get from iStore.

Anyone know how long it takes for iStore to contact you if you pre ordered an upgrade?

Applied on launch day and still waiting to hear back from them. At this stage I am only going to replace the battery on my Xr and skip the 12 mini

iStore is a bunch of Muppets!

Went there to do my upgrade since the online guys stuffed it all up.

Was told at Menlyn that the upgrade team only starts working at 11h00 and that I was number 8 in line of my upgrade. So The doorman told me that my upgrade would not be done on the day, but I could come back the next day. A upgrade takes 45 minutes to an hour to complete.

So we went to Vodacom and complete our upgrades there. No waiting in line and no unpleasantness at all.

I so wish that Core Group would go bust and that Apple would take over.

The country is already run by muppets so it would be nice to visit a retailer with no muppets.

Anyone else notice that the iPhone 12 on Vodacom does not support 5G yet?

So I am not sure why they told me it supports 5G on their network and now it does not

As far as I know, it does support 5G. It was announced and reviewed as the first iPhone that’s 5G capable.

However, Vodacom have not rolled out commercially accessible 5G due to permissions not having been resolved by ICASA yet. I believe that this should happen during Q2 of this year AFAIK.

Some Service Providers are advocating 5G, which should more correctly be described as 4.5G.

As far as I know, it does support 5G. It was announced and reviewed as the first iPhone that’s 5G capable.

However, Vodacom have not rolled out commercially accessible 5G due to permissions not having been resolved by ICASA yet. I believe that this should happen during Q2 of this year AFAIK.

Some Service Providers are advocating 5G, which should more correctly be described as 4.5G.

But Vodacom is more than willing to tell you the device will work on 5G.

So blatant lies from Vodacom

But Vodacom is more than willing to tell you the device will work on 5G.

So blatant lies from Vodacom

It will work on 5G so that’s not a lie; apparently they are neglecting to mention that they do not as yet offer 5G for reasons I won’t pretend to know.

Edited by The Ghost