Garmin Mount Compatible Lights

Patchelicious

Any good recommendations for lights that are compatible with these mounts?

IMG_0142__75692.1568777406.490.588.jpg?c

I have a Varia, but it doesn't last more than an hour anymore, and its very expensive to replace.

Go look at the Recon lights from ‘Giant’. They all come with an adaptor so that it can mount to a GoPro  Mount. I.e. see: https://www.giant-bicycles.com/za/recon-hl1600-2019

There is a whole range of lumens. Everything in the box.

I have giant lights for front/rear and can confirm they are well built, bright, long battery, and reasonably priced.

Edited by Stupak

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This.

I have the mount and can mount my Varia, I am just looking to replace the Varia light.

In that case then as I said, Lezyne lights will work. You screw off the mount it comes with, screw on the GoPro adaptor majobby and bobs you uncle.

I have this set;

https://www.evobikes.co.za/product/lezyne-connect-smart-ktv-pro-combo/

Nice in that they are semi smart. Don’t connect to the Garmin but you can control the rear light with the front light which I find useful.

Of course you can buy them separate too and there are different sizes. I actually wanted the smaller one as I only use it for day time flash during all road rides, but Evobikes messed it up and sent me the bigger one instead and were kind enough to let me keep it as they no longer had the one I wanted in stock.

In that case then as I said, Lezyne lights will work. You screw off the mount it comes with, screw on the GoPro adaptor majobby and bobs you uncle.

I have this set;

https://www.evobikes.co.za/product/lezyne-connect-smart-ktv-pro-combo/

Nice in that they are semi smart. Don’t connect to the Garmin but you can control the rear light with the front light which I find useful.

Of course you can buy them separate too and there are different sizes. I actually wanted the smaller one as I only use it for day time flash during all road rides, but Evobikes messed it up and sent me the bigger one instead and were kind enough to let me keep it as they no longer had the one I wanted in stock.

I have a XL1000, are you saying that I can use that?

Go look at the Recon lights from ‘Giant’. They all come with an adaptor so that it can mount to a GoPro  Mount. I.e. see: https://www.giant-bicycles.com/za/recon-hl1600-2019

There is a whole range of lumens. Everything in the box.

I have giant lights for front/rear and can confirm they are well built, bright, long battery, and reasonably priced.

I also use the Giant Recon on my Garmin + GoPro mount and it rocks. Solid build quality, well priced and good battery life.

Yeah, I tried getting my hands on a couple, they are cheap cheap but rare like hens teeth. Asked Evobikes numerous times, they didn’t even bother to respond. Bike Addict we’re kind enough to respond, but said they couldn’t get them, same from LBS. I then ordered two through Merlin cycles, the dispatch got messed up and they were returned to them and I got a refund. It really is a sordid saga.

Then a kind hubber 3D printed me like 5 simple mounts for mahala that work like a charm.

Yeah, I tried getting my hands on a couple, they are cheap cheap but rare like hens teeth. Asked Evobikes numerous times, they didn’t even bother to respond. Bike Addict we’re kind enough to respond, but said they couldn’t get them, same from LBS. I then ordered two through Merlin cycles, the dispatch got messed up and they were returned to them and I got a refund. It really is a sordid saga.

Then a kind hubber 3D printed me like 5 simple mounts for mahala that work like a charm.

Sounds like a cool guy.

I'll order one an try it out.

How secure is that camera style mount? Looking for a similar solution to Patch

PS:

I bought this to try and MacGyver some pieces and it didnt work, if anybody wants its, its free to a good home, will bring to SA in December. 

71YDrUKlAsL._AC_UL320_.jpg

Edited by Patchelicious