Sealant for road tubeless

Andreas_187

I normally buy a stash of Orange Seal when I go overseas but due to lockdown I haven't replenished my stash. I just bought Stan's Race sealant but its complete rubbish at anything over 50psi. I have tried Sludge before but it also doesn't seal over 50psi.

Has anybody had success with any other product?

The Orange seal used to seal almost instantly while still riding and would only lose 5psi in the process.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been using " Joe's Super Sealant " for past 4 months no issues

Thanks, I just saw on their website that they do one specifically for road tyres

I normally buy a stash of Orange Seal when I go overseas but due to lockdown I haven't replenished my stash. I just bought Stan's Race sealant but its complete rubbish at anything over 50psi. I have tried Sludge before but it also doesn't seal over 50psi.

Has anybody had success with any other product?

The Orange seal used to seal almost instantly while still riding and would only lose 5psi in the process.

been using Enduro Seal and its proving to be quite suitable for road use as well.

Thanks, I just saw on their website that they do one specifically for road tyres

Honestly didn't even know they had a road specific version. I have just been using their normal one its seems like it's pretty easy to find normally pay around R120 for 125ml.

Edited by warick_wrx

Like you, I've also been on OrangeSeal for a while now but always on the lookout for good alternatives.

Enduro Seal seems to be quite popular and on my list to try next.

The other that I've seen mentioned quite often is OKO Magic Milk.

Also using the Joe's road specific one. Works really well, rated for high pressure and is C02 friendly if you ever need to use a bomb.

Other than that, the one from Tufo also seems to do the job decently well if you cant find the Joe's.

Joe's Leader Sealant claims to be able to handle 130psi (highly unlikely), luckily I just need it to hold 80psi.

Im going to ring around the Cape Town shops tomorrow

Joe's Leader Sealant claims to be able to handle 130psi (highly unlikely), luckily I just need it to hold 80psi.

Im going to ring around the Cape Town shops tomorrow

let us know what you find and where. I'm having trouble handling 5 bars on my current sealant. I don't really want to go higher but I tend to start my long rides on 5 and finish them on 2 :D

Where can I find 80mm tubeless valves in SA ?

Not very common in SA (yet).

Last I checked, Specialized had some (for their 64mm Rovals) but they were pricey... R500 if I remember correctly.

Extenders are an option depending on rim depth as you still need a valve long enough to protrude ... 50mm plus rims are a challenge.