Starting to look for a replacement of my Apple Watch 6

Cois

Apple have the rings of judgement which are a great motivation to move!

My friends who have Apple watches really find value in trying to close those rings.

[emoji23] I’m a slave to them as well.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My friends who have Apple watches really find value in trying to close those rings.

Wait what?..... I've never had an iPhone, probably will never

Love my iMac but that's where the road ends

Apple has a long history in graphics ....

With Garmin your daily goals show as a dotted line until you reach the goal, then the line goes solid.

I do keep an eye on my daily steps ... very modest daily goal. My daily average is actually 1500 steps more than the goal .... that said, days like today I have to make an effort to reach the goal. Did a 60km bike ride this morning, followed by relaxing at home. This afternoon I will walk to the Spar, might add a few extra blocks to make sure I reach my goal.

Cirles or Stripes ... Garmin or Apple .... as long as it gets you moving (and fits in with the rest of your electronic eco system..)

Wait what?..... I've never had an iPhone, probably will never

Love my iMac but that's where the road ends

Cois put some screenshots below, but its a measure of three different activity metrics, if you meet them then the rings all close for the day. They are always there, judging you...

It really helps people to get moving a bit and get those rings closed, its one of the main reasons Im considering the watch.

Worth noting that it is not fair to compare the Venue with the Apple 6.  Two totally different price points.

Though the real underlying issue seems to be the user interface between the different systems.  AND how each links to the greater system at home.

On a lighter note .... Seems Apple people like seeing their progress in circles, while Android people are happy to see linear progress ....

Worth noting that it is not fair to compare the Venue with the Apple 6. Two totally different price points.

Though the real underlying issue seems to be the user interface between the different systems. AND how each links to the greater system at home.

On a lighter note .... Seems Apple people like seeing their progress in circles, while Android people are happy to see linear progress...

The one driving force to stay with Apple in SA is the launch of Apple Pay. ABSA was keen to get me to connect my cards to my phone and watch, and the process was easy and without any trouble.

I saw the Garmin had the same idea but never loaded my card onto the Garmin.

I have been using the Apple watch since the launch of the Watch 2, the got the Watch 3 (and I am still using it now) and the Watch 6 that died on me. Reinet has the Watch SE and she is happy with it.

At the moment I will keep to the Apple Watch 3. Till I can do some homework and get to a place where I can compare the features and find a device in the same form factor. The large screen size is a problem. And the reason I do not wear my Casio G-Shock at all.