Replacing zips on cycling gear

Baracuda

Good day, looking for advice from parties who may have replaced zips on cycling gear.

I have a larny winter top and gilet that are completely fine, but the zips have gone.

I can just take it to the tailor up the road, but thought that there may be someone who specializes in cycling clothes. 

3 minutes ago, Baracuda said:

Good day, looking for advice from parties who may have replaced zips on cycling gear.

I have a larny winter top and gilet that are completely fine, but the zips have gone.

I can just take it to the tailor up the road, but thought that there may be someone who specializes in cycling clothes. 

Not sure about down there in Cape Town but the guys at Panda up here in Joburg have replaced zips for me before. It was on their own kit so I didn't pay. So I am sure any of the kit manufacturers there by you will do it.

Have had zip problems on a Leatt Water bag. Leatt do not offer any warranties on zips so I took it to the local tailor. New zip, problem solved. 

2 hours ago, Baracuda said:

the local naaldwerk antie should sort you out.

had 4 shirt zips replaced not too long ago, total cost was R140 

Often zips need a bit of maintenance . If the zipper slide is still there it might just need a slight bit of squeezing together (very carefully )  Also use a silicon spray  on the zip once its closed and spray from top to bottom , then slide the zip open and closed a few times .