SRM CAMPAG Powermeter

moose12

Hi all , Please could I get some assistance with replacing batteries for crank based SRM Powermeter.

I have had a look on the net however there are no instructions for my specific model.

I would appreciate details of someone that does this or instructions on opening the unit .

Thank you in advance

PM1.jpg

Do you want the bad news or the really bad news first?

You "cannot change batteries yourself", it has to be sent to SRM for battery replacement. Not sure about cost, think last time I heard it was around R5000.

The other bad news: You do not get the type of battery they use in SA and its really not easy to import, as its a Lit-ion battery.

There are instructions on how it is done. 

This looks like an older model but this guy had some luck, but like JA-Q001 said getting hold of the batteries is nigh on impossible and putting batteries on airplanes is frowned upon

There was I thinking I was so unlucky with my R10000 Rotor powermeter that only lasted 6 months and they wouldn't take under warranty !

R5000 for a battery replacement hahaha it's like these guys really really push you to buy Stages ;)

i am in the same boat. i have a clavicular SRM crank and can see no way to open the damn thing

6 hours ago, JA-Q001 said:

Do you want the bad news or the really bad news first?

You "cannot change batteries yourself", it has to be sent to SRM for battery replacement. Not sure about cost, think last time I heard it was around R5000.

The other bad news: You do not get the type of battery they use in SA and its really not easy to import, as its a Lit-ion battery.

There are instructions on how it is done. 

I am able to get the batteries however I have no idea how to open it . 5k for batteries is crazy .

5 hours ago, Furbz said:

i am in the same boat. i have a clavicular SRM crank and can see no way to open the damn thing

I am able to get the batteries $25 each

10 hours ago, moose12 said:

I am able to get the batteries $25 each

the problem comes in opening the unit.

mine has no screws to undo. i even pealed the sticker back to find - nothing...

40 minutes ago, Furbz said:

You have a tab like this 

Got 2 wired SRM's sitting in my drawer. Changed the batteries a few times, got them from the UK.

BUT since I got InfoCrank, changing batteries cost about R100.00 I now have one on my Indoor bike, track bike and road bike, all for less than 1 SRM 

2 hours ago, Furbz said:

Yours could be the older Hermitically sealed unit (Glued) and that will have to go back to SRM for the battery replacement AFAIK

Guys , I am sending mine to Germany if anyone would like to hitch a ride  and split the freight . Whatsapp me 082 777 5951