New helmet advice

Rich Stan

A helmet that fits your head is definitely a must. I currently have a kask, Louis Garneu and a Giro and all 3 fit differently. The kask is the "nicest" ito the price but fits my head the worst of the 3. The LG was a little bit less expensive and came with a lekker light that attaches to the ratchet at the back which is nice for added visibility. The Giro fits me the best and obviously has a decent crash warranty(I am not sure how many other brands offer replacements these days.), it is not the range topper like my other 2 but it's still towards the higher end so was slightly cheaper than the other 2.

Why 3 helmets? Because 3 different colors and I also have 3 different color pairs of shoes so they all matchy matchy.

EDIT: The Kask holes are lousy to store your glasses. I have to hang my glasses on the back of my shirt. I often need to store my glasses so holes that are well placed for that is a must for me.

Edited by Long Wheel Base
Added info.

wavecell doesn't fit sunglass arms very well and its pretty warm in our summer so I'm not so sure its a great option for RSA.I don't see many around the southern suburbs of cape town or the popular Noordhoek Village coffee stop. Even Eddie J doesn't wear one

I have the Lazer Blade MIPS which fits well.
Only problem is the colour... black is a little hot in summer (maybe it's in on my head).

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

I have the Lazer Blade MIPS which fits well.
Only problem is the colour... black is a little hot in summer (maybe it's in on my head).

it is available in white in SA as well as Black

Thanks guys, will check out all of the suggestion

First prize would be another bell but they seem pretty hard to find, apart from the top of range models in random colours

4 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

it is available in white in SA as well as Black

Not sure; I won it as a prize. I don’t remember if I had a choice when contacted by BH Admin.

I've seen it in Black , white and red in SA stores.  Sportsmans Warehouse had both black and white options last month

Maybe it's just me, but I love the look of the Abus Gamechanger, R 3700 at CycleLab or on Takelot.