King Price Trailseeker #3 Van Gaalen MTB

Mountain Bru

@Rolf Hansen, how did it go?

This is by far the best Trailseeker I've done, probably borderline one of the best races I've done. Such a lekker route... Technical climbs, fast single track, challenging descents.... Just an awesome ride. And as ever, the Trailseeker folks really do a good job of all the organization stuff. This is definitely a race I'll try and do every year going forward.  

@Trashy, in the ultimate cosmic justice after all the crap I've spoken about how superior my bike is for having 2 bottle cages, I flippen forgot to put anything in either of those cages when I started. ????‍♂️Epic fail (yes... that is a pun). Luckily, I realized it after about 5 minutes, and then headed back to the start to get the bottles from my car and it only cost me around 15 minutes, but I had a good chuckle at the irony.

24 minutes ago, Mountain Bru said:

@Rolf Hansen, how did it go?

This is by far the best Trailseeker I've done, probably borderline one of the best races I've done. Such a lekker route... Technical climbs, fast single track, challenging descents.... Just an awesome ride. And as ever, the Trailseeker folks really do a good job of all the organization stuff. This is definitely a race I'll try and do every year going forward.  

@Trashy, in the ultimate cosmic justice after all the crap I've spoken about how superior my bike is for having 2 bottle cages, I flippen forgot to put anything in either of those cages when I started. ????‍♂️Epic fail (yes... that is a pun). Luckily, I realized it after about 5 minutes, and then headed back to the start to get the bottles from my car and it only cost me around 15 minutes, but I had a good chuckle at the irony.

It was an interesting day. 

I started behind a very talll gentleman and di not get an opportunity to pass early on. I ended up behind behind him to the right and missed the first turn-off and followed him for a short distance and then passed when it was safe. 

After a short distance I got to a water crossing and was assured I was on the correct route. When I got to the finish line after around 9km I knew something was up ????

I passed the finish line on the right and restarted the route. Now around 35 minutes behind/later I was putting foot to catchup. I went down on the last turn of Tant Miems and snapped my derailleur hanger. 

I turned it into a duathlon and did 22.5km of MTB and 11km of bike-hiking in 3 hours. 

On 9/11/2021 at 2:24 PM, Mountain Bru said:

They could have at least quoted me (or offered me a free entry to the next race) ????

image.png.ce8c914be4652e449c272566a1caef44.png

Now that we know you're reading this.... Could you please provide GPX files of the routes in future?

44 minutes ago, Mountain Bru said:

They could have at least quoted me (or offered me a free entry to the next race) ????

image.png.ce8c914be4652e449c272566a1caef44.png

Now that we know you're reading this.... Could you please provide GPX files of the routes in future?

I know that's there's technically nothing wrong with what they did, but there is a better way to deal with something like this.

A simple pm saying, "Hey MB, we really appreciated your feedback and are stoked you enjoyed the race. We'll be quoting you on our next newsletter and look forward to seeing you at the next race".

Way better than this underhand nonsense.

54 minutes ago, Trashy said:

I know that's there's technically nothing wrong with what they did, but there is a better way to deal with something like this.

A simple pm saying, "Hey MB, we really appreciated your feedback and are stoked you enjoyed the race. We'll be quoting you on our next newsletter and look forward to seeing you at the next race".

Way better than this underhand nonsense.

Yeah it would have been cool to hear from them, but I also don't really care that much if they share my feedback on the race. 

After the next race though, I'll put terms on conditions under my feedback - "This feedback can only be shared if the author is given a high 5 and free entry to the next race"