The Women’s WorldTour: News, Updates, Chirps

'Dale

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone feel this is a huge chance for Ash to win the overall jersey? With Annemiek looking a bit off the boil and two proper mountain stages to finish the tour, I feel like this could be Ash’s year. Would be a great way for her to bow out of the sport.

6 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

Anyone feel this is a huge chance for Ash to win the overall jersey? With Annemiek looking a bit off the boil and two proper mountain stages to finish the tour, I feel like this could be Ash’s year. Would be a great way for her to bow out of the sport.

I'm sure that's the plan?

AMP and Vollering will be going hell for leather to give SD Worx the overall. 

She definitely has a shot and SD Worx are a well drilled team. 

14 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

I saw an article somewhere stating that she is reconsidering retirement. Not sure how true that is, but winning or even just placing high on the GC standings might reinvigorate her enjoyment and she then might delay retirement by another year or two.

1 hour ago, Vetplant said:

I saw an article somewhere stating that she is reconsidering retirement. Not sure how true that is, but winning or even just placing high on the GC standings might reinvigorate her enjoyment and she then might delay retirement by another year or two.

She confirmed retirement herself at the end of this season.

She wanted to focus on her Rocacorba project and specifically Zwift racing. 

Really enjoying the Women's race thus far. And as mentioned the comms have been great. Sorry to see them hit the deck so hard and often though.

Go Ash!

6 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

She confirmed retirement herself at the end of this season.

She wanted to focus on her Rocacorba project and specifically Zwift racing. 

I'm aware she herself announced the retirement plans. What I'm getting at is that athletes frequently change their minds regarding retirement. Think of Tom Brady, he was retired for something like 2 months until he realized he can't sit around the house with Gisele 24/7, not just yet.

If she wins Yellow, sure, she will have ticked that off her checklist and retire. But if she finishes 2nd on GC, missing out on the win by seconds, she might extend her career one more year. That is what I am pondering.

2 hours ago, Vetplant said:

On point as the cool kids say 😎

https://www.velonews.com/events/tour-de-france-femmes/reconsidering-retirement-ashleigh-moolman-pasio-is-sticking-around-because-of-the-tour-de-france-femmes/

1 hour ago, Vetplant said:

I'm aware she herself announced the retirement plans. What I'm getting at is that athletes frequently change their minds regarding retirement. Think of Tom Brady, he was retired for something like 2 months until he realized he can't sit around the house with Gisele 24/7, not just yet.

If she wins Yellow, sure, she will have ticked that off her checklist and retire. But if she finishes 2nd on GC, missing out on the win by seconds, she might extend her career one more year. That is what I am pondering.

I hope she reconsiders. Even if she wins the overall, it would be strange if she chooses not to defend it. It’s also massive for South Africa.

1 hour ago, 'Dale said:

Gotta love the Hour world record holder on TweetieBird

2E010C7A-172C-45FB-BAB5-EC3E9E849BAE.jpeg

Built for Ash! Holding thumbs!

The Grand Ballon is only a part of the finalé, which makes for a very unpredictable results sheet with that pancake segment in the final kms. Gonna be good. SD Worx, it appears, have Vollering as their GC leader. It sets up quite a bit of dramatic racing as there are so many 'races within the race'.

The maillot jaune (Vos The Boss now have 240+ professional wins on the road, wow!) will hold on for her dear climbing life today. Odds are against her retaining yellow though unless the mountain goats hold back a few hundred VAMs to conserve themselves for tomorrow. However, there are a few mountain goats bicycles that dreams of that one golden moment in yellow, which must count as one of life's peak experiences if you are a professional cyclist. Just ask Impey or ________ (name any pro's name here).

FY3PrwPWQAAVeJi?format=png&name=small 

Edited by 'Dale

Ashley sitting in a group, more than 6min down on Vollering and Van Vleuten who are running away with the show. :(

31 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Ashley sitting in a group, more than 6min down on Vollering and Van Vleuten who are running away with the show. :(

Met eish. I was hoping that it's tactical with Vollering up front. Wat gaan aan? Is Ashleigh oraait? This is terrain that suits her profile. Ai. 

The Niewiadoma group seemingly catching up on the lone rider in Vollering. Could be crucial on the final 7-8 kms of downhill-flat terrain. The flamboyant Danish jersey also there.

Ashleigh is 11 minutes behind the extraordinary Annemiek. I suspect this edition will invoke another 1-2 years or so of professional cycling for the South African based in Spain. I assume she is going for a win tomorrow being given the freedom by her team and taking it easy today?

14EB1EE7-C5F3-4038-A3A8-C7BDC15CF25E.jpeg

Edited by 'Dale