Boland 100 Miler

bleedToWin

oh ok so the road to the final climb isn't very technical so an organised group willing to work can actually catch a breakaway before the final climb. But if the breakaway has madmacs and RDX riders in it, good luck catching it because they are going to try and control any bridge attempt ;)

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, Jbr said:

I can tell you how I think it's going to go, then you know it's probably going to be the exact oposite. If I were you, looking at the profile, I'd hide the whole race and attack on du toitskloof. Depending on who attacks up the taal monument climb you may want to go with as a breakaway there might not be caught before du toitskloof. I don't believe anything is going to happen before taal monument, but experience proved i'm ALWAYS wrong when it comes to this ????

So wrong that I'm talking about climbs that aren't even on the route anymore. Is there anything more accurate than this shitty map ?

spacer.png

What is that 2ond last climb ? 

spacer.png

I don't see the Taalmonument climb on the route map or the profile?

If past experiences in local funrides are anything to go by the bunch will probably break up on Helshoogte and the few people that are still together will completely scatter on the Du Toitskloof pass with individuals mostly finishing on their own

3 minutes ago, Skubarra said:

I don't see the Taalmonument climb on the route map or the profile?

If past experiences in local funrides are anything to go by the bunch will probably break up on Helshoogte and the few people that are still together will completely scatter on the Du Toitskloof pass with individuals mostly finishing on their own

because it's not, last I checked there was Franschoek pass and taal monument ????

1 minute ago, Jbr said:

because it's not, last I checked there was Franschoek pass and taal monument ????

Oh I remember - before they decided the road past Worcester is too boring for cyclists and so had to cut out the Franschoek pass (hands up everyone who believed that explanation...)

22 minutes ago, Jbr said:

taal Monumnet would have been interesting in the middle of the race....

"You guys go ahead I'll just wait here while a sip my coffee and hop back on when you come back this way..."

1 minute ago, DieselnDust said:

taal Monumnet would have been interesting in the middle of the race....

"You guys go ahead I'll just wait here while a sip my coffee and hop back on when you come back this way..."

Yes I'm not sure how that is even possible, I must have invented it no ways to put taal monument in the middle of a race, seems very dangerous to have the leaders going downhill while the bunch is still climbing, I don't even see how you turn around at the top.

2 minutes ago, K20Champ said:

Silly question, Where is the start and finish? what's the distance to ride back from the finish to your car?

Depends where you park? No this is a very good question, I was wondering the same thing... I am too lazy to make a route on Komoot

14 minutes ago, K20Champ said:

Silly question, Where is the start and finish? what's the distance to ride back from the finish to your car?

Start in Paarl, finish on top of Du Toitskloof. So after the race you take the downhill back to Paarl and snigger at the poor bastards still suffering up the climb.

4 minutes ago, Skubarra said:

Start in Paarl, finish on top of Du Toitskloof. So after the race you take the downhill back to Paarl and snigger at the poor bastards still suffering up the climb.

I hope the beer tent is at the top of the hill, going to make the way back to the car even more fun

38 minutes ago, Jbr said:

Yes I'm not sure how that is even possible, I must have invented it no ways to put taal monument in the middle of a race, seems very dangerous to have the leaders going downhill while the bunch is still climbing, I don't even see how you turn around at the top.

No, I dont think you made it up, I've read it too but that was in the initial route from last year I guess. but its pretty wide dual lane road, we've used it many times in races before, Tour of Good Hope comes to mind as most recently. Plenty of space at the top for turn around, closer tot he top they had those metal barrier /dividers to split the lane

image.png.120f6269b6a76a10a2b908b9de260848.png

2 hours ago, Jbr said:

oh ok so the road to the final climb isn't very technical so an organised group willing to work can actually catch a breakaway before the final climb. But if the breakaway has madmacs and RDX riders in it, good luck catching it because they are going to try and control any bridge attempt ;)

Let's be honest, what are the chances that there will be a break which won't contain RDX and MadMAas guys. I mean when last did Theuns do a race that he never actually stood on the podium for(3rd on Sat and 1st on SUnday), and Trotsky seems to be in good form, 2nd on Saturday and 3rd on Sunday in Oudtshoorn. MadMacs are always well represented too but we cannot forget Alan Hatherly aswell as I assume he will still be in CT as he was supposed to be riding Epic.