Boland 100 Miler

bleedToWin

47 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

Since the organisers are hellbent on not promoting their own events (other than spamming the mailing list in all caps) let's revive the thread!

I must be getting the marketing intended for you...DeVilliers National Cycling spams me at least 2 times a week with 2 emails at a time for their events. 😁

I dont want to unsubscribe though, since I actually enjoyed the last few Boland 100milers a lot and dont do socials much.

Looking forward to the race, hope the weather is good (and there are a few DC teams out that I can hook on to)

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, JacquesJ said:

spams me at least 2 times a week with 2 emails at a time for their events. 😁

I dont want to unsubscribe though, since I actually enjoyed the last few Boland 100milers a lot and dont do socials much.

That's what I'm talking about. They have a mailing list and that's the beginning and end of their panicked promotion strategy. They don't do socials or forums or club comms or bikeshops or anything else...

Ok,.only now noticed a year between your two posts...agree, they can do a lot better!

Maybe they dont want the events to grow too big 😜

I unsubscribed, and as a result, I didn't get pre race information for Gravel monster 🤣

Luckily I had @bleedToWin to let me know the start time they emailed was 7:15, and not 6 as per the PDF on their website or 7 as the entry website suggested.

On 10/17/2024 at 10:18 AM, JacquesJ said:

I must be getting the marketing intended for you...DeVilliers National Cycling spams me at least 2 times a week with 2 emails at a time for their events. 😁

Looking forward to the race, hope the weather is good (and there are a few DC teams out that I can hook on to)

I regularly get promo emails ... for events in Joburg.

3 000km round trip for fun ride ?

Nope, I have never done any events in Joburg.  In fact, Western and and Northern Cape is the geographic limits of my entries.

WHERE do these companies get our contact details?  More important ... PPA, and many local organisers, have my contact details, yet I hardly ever get their emails

Edited by ChrisF

2 hours ago, Jbr said:

I unsubscribed, and as a result, I didn't get pre race information for Gravel monster 🤣

Luckily I had @bleedToWin to let me know the start time they emailed was 7:15, and not 6 as per the PDF on their website or 7 as the entry website suggested.

Are you sure about that? - I don't have an email confirming the start time and 07:15 was the start time for the boland gravel monster

2 hours ago, Akon said:

Don't want to jinx it, and in any case way too early to get excited...
But just maybe we'll do your full route, including the hockey-stick at the end.
image.png.88671b489421b6bc60e70e0bddedd6db.png

You don't get better riding weather than that

On 10/21/2024 at 1:54 PM, Akon said:

Don't want to jinx it, and in any case way too early to get excited...
But just maybe we'll do your full route, including the hockey-stick at the end.
image.png.88671b489421b6bc60e70e0bddedd6db.png

Jip...

I jinxed it 🙄.

Let's hope this unjinxes the jinx...
image.png.fb89d67a4f4b3647214e62aa3f089de9.png

Edited by Akon
That is the pass itself...

Ag FFS...this is going to be enough of an endurance test with my fitness as it is without it also being a rain drenched sufferfest....

Lets hope the unjinxes work! 🤞

Really frustrating indeed and I feel for the poor event organisers having to deal with *** weather two years in a row! I did the race with my DC team in 2021 and loved it, but had to nurse some team members home, so was looking forward to doing it again at my own pace. Entered last year - sat there at the crack of dawn in my car in Wellington waiting for the race to start and after the 2nd start postponement & route change announcement I lost my mojo. Entered again this year and training has been going swell, only to see the weather forecast for Sunday getting worse and worse as the days tick by, and I honestly can't see the race happening given the forecast! I wasn't going to do the One Tonner (again for the 6th time) but will now probably consider it - at least all the training won't be in vain!    

Edited by Links MTB
Incorrect facts