What is that one accessory for your bike you can just not seem to find?

RuhanC

On 11/23/2021 at 3:40 PM, Mongoose! said:

Look keo road cleats ( I want the spacing of the three holes off centre, to enable me to move my shoes (size 48) a little bit further away from the crank arms.

Pedal extenders add too much space at 16mm per side 

Longer pedal shafts are crazy expensive (if you can find some...)  

will never understand why a XS bike has the same q factor as a XXL...????

In the States, where I lived for 3 years, pedal ‘Q-factor’ extenders were VERY readily available, and I had a set on a recumbent owned , as well as my MTB. 

They really are great, and SO MUCH of a bicycle is reach adjustable or height adjustable or just sized for different boy shapes, that is makes sense that mini extenders for Q angle are available.

cheers

Chris

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Zebra said:

In the States, where I lived for 3 years, pedal ‘Q-factor’ extenders were VERY readily available, and I had a set on a recumbent owned , as well as my MTB. 

They really are great, and SO MUCH of a bicycle is reach adjustable or height adjustable or just sized for different boy shapes, that is makes sense that mini extenders for Q angle are available.

cheers

Chris

pedal extenders add minimum 16mm per side, that is a total of 3cm combined. Way too extreme.

I am looking for 5mm per size 

My solution:

Managed to find the extra 5mm per side on my Cannondale Supersix (BB30 with really narrow Q factor / Hallogram SI cranks)

What I did was, fitted mountain bike crank arms (Sram). They are slightly more bend outwards to accommodate the wider chain stays of a mountain bike.  

Put a 110 bcd spider on it and works perfectly.

20211204_050654.jpg

20211204_050712.jpg

Edited by Mongoose!

• 2 weeks later...

I followed up with Ruhan when I got to Somerset West re the printing of a small plastic holder for one of my helmet lights.

We met so  I could give him the light and the broken holder. A week later I had 4 new holders that are exactly the same of the original one and the price was very reasonable.

On 12/3/2021 at 10:11 AM, 117 said:

Will those tabs hold the weight of teh bank bouncing around for a while? Might be better to print the craddle with a saddle to hug the stem better, then secure it with cable ties over a wider area. 

Untitled.png.740c15b0c4f11cbde3b69b764bebeb98.png

I'm sure Thys will see the benefits of that for sure 

Since I'm 'incarcerated' (last day today thank heavens) I've had loads of time so made these 2, to cover different size stems ...

Also a nice cradle to charge my Vivoactive 3 ... no more stuffing around with the cable and finding somewhere to put it

Busy printing a Garmin mount with PETG that looks sturdier than others I've tried after that will print Thys a new cradle plus the new mount for his power bank and then one for myself

Thanks for the tip @117

20211214_124222.jpg

20211214_124303.jpg

Could be worse.. You could be incarcerated in Zambia. 

Those cradles look great too 👍🏻👍🏻

On 12/14/2021 at 12:50 PM, NotSoBigBen said:

Since I'm 'incarcerated' (last day today thank heavens) I've had loads of time so made these 2, to cover different size stems ...

Also a nice cradle to charge my Vivoactive 3 ... no more stuffing around with the cable and finding somewhere to put it

Busy printing a Garmin mount with PETG that looks sturdier than others I've tried after that will print Thys a new cradle plus the new mount for his power bank and then one for myself

Thanks for the tip @117

20211214_124222.jpg

20211214_124303.jpg

Love the Garmin mount.

PS . Garmin VivoActive 4 charge port is 90.degrees off set to the right.

Does anyone know where in capetown i can get deacent tyres for my pyga. It has 650b tyres 2.3 can i maybe put normal 27.5x2.4 tyres on or must i find 650b tyres

Evobikes had stock recently. (Not the ones I am looking for though..)

Specialized has some very nice 27,5 options. 

If Maxxis dont hurry up I may well put Spez on my Giant ....

1 hour ago, Ruffbeard_Rides said:

Does anyone know where in capetown i can get deacent tyres for my pyga. It has 650b tyres 2.3 can i maybe put normal 27.5x2.4 tyres on or must i find 650b tyres

what's the difference between 27.5 and 650b?

1 hour ago, Ruffbeard_Rides said:

Yes, 650b and 27,5" are the same diameter tires.

BUT ... the tire width should be checked in terms of the clearance inside the frame for a larger volume tire.

2.3 to 2.4 is a small jump, most likely will be okay.

If you say what bike, model, etc, one of the Hubbers may be able to confirm.

33 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Yes, 650b and 27,5" are the same diameter tires.

BUT ... the tire width should be checked in terms of the clearance inside the frame for a larger volume tire.

2.3 to 2.4 is a small jump, most likely will be okay.

If you say what bike, model, etc, one of the Hubbers may be able to confirm.

Its a 2017 Pyga 140 Pascoe the rims are ztr flow ex 650b. I see the clearance now  etween tyre and sides of the fork is about 10mm to 15mm so guessing they will work. Now to find a deacent set of 27.5 tyres lol. 

16 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Love the Garmin mount.

Thanks Chris, I must say that and a replacement power button for my Garmin 800 are probably the most useful things I've printed so far!

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/15/2021 at 2:01 PM, ChrisF said:

Love the Garmin mount.

Printed this for my daughter-in-law's Forerunner 55 she got for Christmas

One picture is with and the other without flash, the only reason the colours look so different 🙄

20220102_222238.jpg

20220102_222303.jpg