What is that one accessory for your bike you can just not seem to find?

RuhanC

Beginning of this year I bought myself a Fenix 5. Great watch! I could however not for the life of me find a suitable mount to mount my Fenix unto my handle bars. There were the universal bike mounts out there, but usually they were sold out as soon as i contacted the seller. Either that or they were very expensive. 
Some background, i am currently studying Engineering and as a hobby i bought myself a 3D printer. 

Only after a while i put two and two together and realised that i could just print myself a mount. I could also customise it the way i wanted. I opted in for a mount that attaches to the quick release mounts of my Fenix’s straps and mounts to my stem for a clean look. I started selling these mounts here on bikehub and i was supprised by how many people were interested. 

At this stage I am wondering of there were more people out there can can just not seem to find a specific part they are looking for, or replacement for something that broke. Do you guys have any suggestions on things i can design and print? Things like flat pedals that clip into your spd pedals, or more funky things like a coffee cup holder for your bike? What is that one thing that you just can’t seem to find? And have you thought about maybe 3D printing one?

176DB30E-4E9A-478E-BF2B-B0B28FF02058.jpeg

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, RuhanC said:

Beginning of this year I bought myself a Fenix 5. Great watch! I could however not for the life of me find a suitable mount to mount my Fenix unto my handle bars. There were the universal bike mounts out there, but usually they were sold out as soon as i contacted the seller. Either that or they were very expensive. 
Some background, i am currently studying Engineering and as a hobby i bought myself a 3D printer. 

Only after a while i put two and two together and realised that i could just print myself a mount. I could also customise it the way i wanted. I opted in for a mount that attaches to the quick release mounts of my Fenix’s straps and mounts to my stem for a clean look. I started selling these mounts here on bikehub and i was supprised by how many people were interested. 

At this stage I am wondering of there were more people out there can can just not seem to find a specific part they are looking for, or replacement for something that broke. Do you guys have any suggestions on things i can design and print? Things like flat pedals that clip into your spd pedals, or more funky things like a coffee cup holder for your bike? What is that one thing that you just can’t seem to find? And have you thought about maybe 3D printing one?

Grommets for my internal cable routing on my KTM road bicycle frame

42 minutes ago, RuhanC said:

Not an accessory for the bike but more protection for me. I haven't been able to find Knee Pads anywhere with every store I go to for them to just tell me sorry there's no stock.

17 minutes ago, Darryllk said:

Grommets for my internal cable routing on my KTM road bicycle frame

Can you possibly explain what they do, and how they work?

Also may things like a mount for a light or a mount to mount your CO2 canisters to your seatpost.
External cable routing clips.  

Shimano TL-PD40 Pedal tool (used to open up an SPD pedal for servicing)

image.png.786c60ce3aced1c37694f2aa7dde4c16.png

So simple, but no one has any. If I had a 3D printer, this would be one of the first things I'd print...

Edited by MongooseMan

9 minutes ago, MongooseMan said:

Shimano TL-PD40 Pedal tool (used to open up an SPD pedal for servicing)

image.png.786c60ce3aced1c37694f2aa7dde4c16.png

So simple, but no one has any. If I had a 3D printer, this would be one of the first things I'd print...

I have printed quite a few, if you're nearby I'll print you one no problem

5 minutes ago, NotSoBigBen said:

What material have you been using, and have they been holding up with the forces?

6 minutes ago, NotSoBigBen said:

Thanks for the offer, I'm in CT so unfortunately not that close.

I have a small bike light from Extreme Lights . The plastic helmet mount broke and they don't have any replacement stock.

Maybe you could 3d print another one for me. The mount is in Cape Town but I will be going there next weekend. 

3 minutes ago, I FLY said:

I have a small bike light from Extreme Lights . The plastic helmet mount broke and they don't have any replacement stock.

Maybe you could 3d print another one for me. The mount is in Cape Town but I will be going there next weekend. 

I’m situated in Stellenbosch, but if you send me some photos and dimensions I can see what i can do

I’m looking for an integrated bracket for my shimano brakes and sram AXS shifter

and rear brakes and suspension lock out to clean   up my cockpit

Edited by DIPSLICK

2 minutes ago, Mtree said:

Just a heads up, anything structural you'll be wanting to print in PETG/ABS...
PLA just won't hold up????(nor in the sun either).

I have also found this ????. I have started printing all my structural parts in PETG. It works wonders.