N3TC Meals on Wheels

MudLark

Seriously though, the route through SBR is not any worse than any public road. The risk remains with the rider choosing to ride at high speed vs a slower & cautious speed. I guess riding there helps with route knowledge, knowing when to ease up vs going all out. If it was my first time, I would approach the blind corners with some caution.

The organiser perhaps needs to rethink an alternative start/finish, to avoid sharing the R42 with high speed traffic.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Seriously though, the route through SBR is not any worse than any public road. The risk remains with the rider choosing to ride at high speed vs a slower & cautious speed. I guess riding there helps with route knowledge, knowing when to ease up vs going all out. If it was my first time, I would approach the blind corners with some caution.

The organiser perhaps needs to rethink an alternative start/finish, to avoid sharing the R42 with high speed traffic.

fair enough with the riding with caution, but there are one or 2 corners at SBR that can easily catch you out, and in a race situation where you are trying to gain time on the downhill it can get very sketchy.

Some warnings on those sections should probably be put up.

Its one of the reasons I wont ride SBR alone, heard to many stories of guys over cooking it on some of the bends and landing up over the barriers. With flaky cell reception in the reserve and even if you do get hold of someone it will take forever for them to get there, I'd rather ride with someone else

23 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Given that we no longer organise a race, we don’t have to be feel offended being bundled with “all” organisers. 😊

Wasn't meant to offend.  
Just saying  that we as participants should ALWAYS know there is risk involved with cycling and have to decide what to do with that risk.  If you know it is high and still want to do it, approach cautiously.