Specialized non-sales

Trashy

So I saw an item I was interested in on the Spez website, it shows in stock.

I called the store, confirmed stock. Great.

Except they're unwilling to honour the price on the site?

Why even bother listing items "on sale", if you have no intention of honouring the price listed?

Just my Saturday rant. As you were.

I had the same issue with them a while back when buying a jersey. The R450 SALE price ended up being R650 at the shop. It seems the shop check on the system first to see what they "paid" for the item originally and then work out their own discount. The SALE price on the website only a guideline by HQ but what you find at the shops are differently priced.

The annoying part is that my local Spez dealer was very happy to give the online price for a kids helmet I got from them.

I found out that they have the wrong prices in store but when i point them towards the website price, they are happy to adjust - at least complete cyclist has done this!

Is this misleading different pricing allowed...is it legal? Its just completely off putting...was about to purchase some tyres and tops...changed my mind now with Spez.

Recently had this with saddles. Shop had stock of said item but had to order in exactly the same saddle from HQ at the sale/online price.. A bit odd in my opinion

23 minutes ago, no calves said:

Recently had this with saddles. Shop had stock of said item but had to order in exactly the same saddle from HQ at the sale/online price.. A bit odd in my opinion

It was a saddle. But then he told me hq don't have it in stock.

Perhaps I should try my local dealer rather.

16 hours ago, Trashy said:

It was a saddle. But then he told me hq don't have it in stock.

Perhaps I should try my local dealer rather.

Perhaps a phenom white for R700??